“Delicious poke and pork!”
Review of Pono Market

Pono Market
Ranked #7 of 136 Restaurants in Kapaa
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

My wife and I are visiting the island and this was our first stop from the airport. She had been wanting to try some poke and this place had good reviews and was recommended in guidebooks so we decided to check it out. I got an entree with pork and potato mac salad - she got a poke bowl with rice. The pork I ate was tender and very flavorful and she let me try a few bites of her poke - very delicious. There’s some seating right outside, and this place is kind of like a deli with some menu options. You can also get any entree, fish, or sides by the pound. If you’re considering it, I’d definitely check this place out

Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

I really want to love and support this little establishment but I just don't get the hype. To begin, they are not all that friendly. Now I can overlook the bad service if the food is spectacular. Unfortunately, that's not the case here. I tried it twice. The first time was 7 years ago and I ordered the plate with fried chicken, lau lau and Kalua pork. I remember the food being overly salty and lacks depth of flavor. I decided to give it another chance this week and this time we tried the two pokes and one hot entree plate. The poke just tasted like salted fish and the lau lau was still salty. If you are looking for good poke and is in the Waimea area, give Ishihara Market a try and you'll see the difference.

Reviewed 21 May 2018

We stayed between Wailua and Kapa'a while in Kauai. We tried Pono Market because it was recommended to us and we couldn't have been happier about it. The food was absolutely amazing and we couldn't have asked for more authentic food. The service was great and we ate outside the market the second time we visited. Make sure you go before noon because otherwise they may be sold out of some of the favorites. This is a must-eat location in Kauai!

1  Thank saraspaugh
Reviewed 1 May 2018

Dropped by here one day to check out the lunch possibilities - but I was a bit early and nothing to see but several flavors of poke. The gentleman behind the counter was very friendly and encouraged me to taste all of the different types. I liked the Sesame Poke the best and bought some of that. Another day, I came in and got some Shredded Pork to go.... it was wonderful. I haven't had time to really do justice to this little gem, but it's definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed 27 April 2018

Their Daily Specials are to die for. You need to see their Specials for the week so you do not miss anything. Everyone talks about their food which deserves 5 targets. However, DO NOT MISS the Coffee Shop inside Pono Market. Their Espresso is 8 targets out of 5. I have had espresso allover this planet and no where can you find the rich, thick, smooth depth of their brew. For a glimpse of heaven on earth, have a regular portion of haupia ice cream with a double shot of espresso. You will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Ron F