Kapaa Sands
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Kapaa
See available hotels
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
All reviewsocean frontoceanfront studiothe kitchenglitz and glamoursmall bathroomlush landscapingsound of the wavessecond storybbq areano air conditioninghighly recommend staying heretide poolscoconut marketplacebeach chairsthe ground floorthe north endbeautiful view of the ocean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 January 2012

I loved our stay here. You are so close to the beach, in a little cove where you can hang out in the water safely in any season. Saw awesome sunrises and lots of humpback whales from our lanai, walked next door to the Coconut Marketplace to get plate lunches at Harleys & ice cream at Lapperts, and on Tuesdays & Thursdays could pick up papayas at the Farmers Market in their parking lot. The units are small but nicely laid out and the whole place has a very comfortable old-school Hawaiiana vibe to it.
The only unpleasant part of the whole trip was the surly clerk at the Hertz counter!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank HappyCamperSonoma
Reviewed 18 October 2011

I am not going to reveal which oceanfront unit we just stayed in a few days ago, but was a ground floor, even number unit. The reason I am not going to say which unit we stayed in, is because we don't want too many people to know about this incredible place to stay on Kauai. Our unit was even better than expected and we concur with all the positive remarks about Kapaa Sands resort. Kapaa is centrally located in Kauai and many fine places to dine or shop is just walking distance away. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, coffee, shave ice, gift shops all very close by or just minutes away on foot or by car. Our unit was fully stocked with kitchenware and the maid service every other day was prompt, very thorough and efficient, they do a great job! The garden and botanical area was very well kept and impressive to say the least. The sound and sights of the nearby ocean was incredible! I never slept so well in all my life, from the first night to the last! "The ocean too noisy?" No way, not for us, we LOVED the sound of the surf all day and night! Oh so much to say, but will make this review short. Kapaa Sands, we will be back for sure, it holds a special place in our heart like no other in Hawaii.

Room Tip: Don't stay here it's only for me and my wife!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Jeff K
Reviewed 14 August 2011

We really loved Kapa'a Sands! The unit was clean, smallish but plenty of room for us. We really loved the patio, and having our own little stretch of beach was great too. We even had a monk seal conk out directly in front of us! They blocked off the beach so people wouldn't mess with him, but we had a great view.

In addition to being a great unit (calm, relaxing, clean, etc.) we really liked the location. It was a quick walk to plenty of restaurants (Korean, Japanese, pizza, etc.) and even a bar with live music (Trees Lounge).

We didn't actually get the particular unit we had reserved (I think we had reserved 9 and got 14 instead due to renovations), but it worked out well anyway.

Room Tip: We were in #14, and it was great. Definitely spring for a oceanfront unit.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jrfishe1
Reviewed 5 June 2011

We stayed at Kapaa Sands (in Unit 22) for 6 days, and, while it was eventually a pleasant experience, it was not without some kinks. The most pressing issue was the noise, which, as we were staying in an oceanview unit, was considerable. You can only hear it in the second bedroom, but it was so bad we had to shut the windows every night, use earplugs, and the noise machine I brought for my toddler. The second bedroom, also, is TINY, which made a tight fit for me and my husband, and the double bed was so short his legs (he's 5'10'') hung over the edge. The master bedroom, where my mom and baby stayed, was really nice, though. The unit's furnishings were fine, if not spectacular, but the chain for our fan broke and we had to unscrew a part each night to adjust it.

We found the staff generally nice and accommodating, although the laundry hours (9-5) were a slight nuisance because it meant that you had to plan your day around washing your clothes. The kitchen was fully stocked-- so stocked, in fact, that we had nowhere to put the pantry staples and things that we had brought with us, and had to leave them scattered all over the counter.

The location is excellent, though, and I would strongly but not definitely consider returning again.

We had a few ants, and saw a single, large and very dead roach. It happens.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank bibliogirl
Reviewed 26 May 2011

I am writing this review in response to a few bad reviews written by folks who seem to confuse this place with a $600 dollar a night resort. We stayed a few days in both #6 and #9. For $150 a day we enjoyed a great on the ocean view that was exactly as billed. Both condos were clean and comfortable, though we prefered the upstairs of #9 for privacy and sound. The staff were just great and acomidating in all regards If you want to stay on the East side as a place to base out of, Kapaa Sands in most excelent. If you are looking for a high end resort, go north to St Regi$.

• Stayed: May 2011