“Real Fruit”

Wailua Shave Ice - Kauai
Ranked #2 of 9 Dessert in Kapaa
Price range: USD 0 - USD 6
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: 100% All natural Hawaiian style shave ice made w/fresh local fruit. Open 7 days a week right in the heart of downtown Kapaa. PRO TIP ** if you need more syrup let us know! we will gladly top you off
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This place is the shizzle. They use real fruit, and provide a decent amount of toppings. The coconut whipped cream is legit. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Ok, go straight here if you are in Kapaa, you will not regret getting the best Hawaiian shaved ice I have ever had, their ingredients are organic and so quality and the coconut cream they put on top is truly a little slice of heaven all on its own. Their service is friendly and they truly have created something so unique and delicious! I never knew shaved ice could be so amazing! We loved every flavor and were just such fans of this Hawaiian gem!!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

First time eating shave ice, very impressed. I had dragon fruit flavour, surprisingly refreshing and unexpectedly moreish.
Like the van they serve it from too.

Reviewed 1 June 2018

I have been going to Hawaii for decades and have never understood the appeal of shave ice. Artificial flavors, disgusting colors and usually a big mess.

But this old RV located on the main drag in Kapaa next to a food truck serving pizza (which looked and smelled great but I did not try) turned all my pre-conceived notions on their head. I had a Wailua Sunrise with fresh pineapple and orange juice and the freshness of the flavors knocked me out.

$6.50 seemed like a lot until I saw the size of these ices and the quality of the ingredients made this seem like a deal. So order up and take a seat at one of the picnic tables and relax.

They also have outlets in San Diego California and Portland Oregon. The owners also opened a ramen restaurant in Kapaa but that is another review

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

This place is in an old RV on the main street in Kapaa. After having shave ice at another local favorite that was a disappointment we decided to give this place a try. So glad we did! We got the Love Potion #9 (strawberries and cream) with ice cream. It was fantastic. Light, refreshing and what you would expect from shave ice. Can’t wait to go back and try their other flavors.