“Fantastic BBQ chicken”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My husband, friend and I stopped here for lunch after a long morning of sight seeing on the north shore of Kauai. We saw this placed mentioned in a guide book and laughed at the name. But it has the best BBQ chicken. My husband and I got half a chicken for two. It was HUGE! (I would have hated to meet that chicken in the dark when it was alive!) The skin was black and at first I was concerned, but it had a wonderful smokey flavor. The meat was tender and moist. We used the mild BBQ sauce for dipping. It came with brown rice and a cup of chili. I would forego the rice and pay extra for another side. The chili was spicy and homemade. Our friend got the chicken with cole slaw which she liked. (Can't remember her other side.) Service was a little frazzled. You order and then wait for them to call your name. They lost our friend's order so that took some time to straighten out. You eat outside on a covered porch or under umbrellas. VERY casual and crowded.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We walked here from the beach. Re plates come with rice and chili but we substituted rice for corn bread and the chili for fries and onion rings. We all ordered different meat and they were all great! Very generous portions. We got pork, chicken, and beef. Great smoked taste.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We realized there are a few of these on Kauai but ate at the location in Hanalei. We are a family of 5 but only needed to order 4 plates - 2 chicken, 1 fish tacos and 1 hamburger. Everyone was super happy with their choice and it was plenty for all of us at lunch.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

First night in Princeville and we stumbled upon CIAB and oh how thankful we were.
That bbq ribs plate was so so good! We enjoyed them with the hot sauce and crispy sweet potato fries!
Their chilli was also really delicious.. rustic and very tomatoe-y.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

The wife and I stopped in and split a 1/4 chicken and 2ribs plate. That was plenty for us for lunch when you add in the chili and rice. The chicken was very good but the ribs could have been more tender. Seasoning was great. Everything is expensive on Kauai, but on a relative basis this was a solid value.