“Ocean breezes!”
Review of Hanalei Day Spa

Hanalei Day Spa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: TEMPORARILY CLOSED DUE TO FLOOD/ROAD CLOSURE :( Open Tues-Sa 9am-6pm We are a boutique Day Spa with a friendly Hawaiian feel. located on the property of the 5 acre pristine beach front Hanalei Colony Resort. Our staff is dedicated to providing consistent excellent customer service There are 4 treatment rooms in spa, 2 couples rooms, (one is beach side and one in spa). Two full bathrooms with 'rain' shower facilities. Guests frequently indulge in an Authentic Hawaiian experience with beach side Lomi Lomi Massage. We offer a wide variety of therapies to suit individual needs and couple's needs; Deep Tissue Massage, Prenatal, hot stones, and sunburn relief treatment, to name a few. We offer many types of massage therapies, we start off with a basic massage which is light to medium-ish pressure, then we taylor your experience from there. Beachside is offered weather permitting for every one's comfort. Walk-ins are welcome, appointments encouraged!
Reviewed 6 April 2018

What a fantastic experience. To receive a massage with not only ocean waves, but ocean breezes, as well. Loved our couples Oceanside massage. Both Angela and Joshua provided the ultimate experience. It's a definite must do Kauai experience.

Date of experience: April 2018
darciayur, Owner at Hanalei Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Aloha Bill,
Thanks for sharing your review.
I love hearing about folks spa experiences...
So nice.
We look forward to seeing y'all next time.
Darci

"knots"
in 6 reviews
"oceanside"

Reviewed 15 March 2018

What do you get when you take your wife on a trip for your 25th Anniversary and you include a couples massage in your schedule? You get a happy, relaxed, and grateful wife. You can go ahead and book a massage elsewhere if you'd like, but no matter where you are staying on Kauai, it is worth the short drive to the Hanalei Day Spa. The therapists are fabulous at helping you relax, while at the same time, working out knots that you may have forgotten were there. Their intense focus on helping you feel better is unsurpassed by anywhere else I have been.

1  Thank TimeInMaui

Wow, I'm going to review your review.
The best review ever!
5 stars *****
You really 'get us' and our intentions.
Thanks for visiting us and we'll see you guys on your next anniversary Kauai visit!
Darci Frankel

Reviewed 10 March 2018

I've had a lifetime of bodywork from energy work to Rolfing, so I try to leave my expectations at the door. Still, I'm happy when someone surprises me. Lisa was absolutely WONDERFUL! I will definitely call on her again and refer her!

Hi there Donna,
I know, I love Lisa!!
Thank you for your review and for recommending us and Lisa!
We look forward to seeing y'all next time.
Darci

Reviewed 3 March 2018

I always wonder who is giving the review, what their demographics are, because if their life experiences aren't like mine, their opinion is not as valuable. Like if someone says they ate their best meal ever at an Applebee's, I know their opinion isn't important to me. Sorry, but I'm a 5 Star kind of guy, stay at expensive resorts and pay the long dollar for the best experiences. I have found it to be worth it. So, perhaps that helps to frame my opinion on the Hanalei Day Spa for you. I've had massages all over the US and a couple in the UK, and without a doubt, this was my best experience EVER. I was totally "undone" after the 110 minutes of sheer relaxation, stretching, and hedonistic joy. There may be others on Kauai, but trust me, you will be delighted!

hi there!
This is Darci Frankel, from Hanalei Day Spa here on Kauai.
I don't know if you heard, but we had some floods and the road actually 'broke' I had to close the spa for a few months. It came as a shock, and as a way to cheer myself up today, I came on and read reviews of our happy guests. When I came to yours, I just have to say thank you so much, you really seem to get the spirit of what we offer and who we are.
A tear is coming to my eye and I have to say that I feel grateful to have served so many folks for over 15 years now.
So, thank YOU for being the best of the best!
Darci Frankel

See more reviews
Reviewed 17 February 2018

I cannot say enough good things about Hanalei Day Spa! When I arrived in Kauai my back was in serious pain (and had been for over a week), and it was preventing me from fully enjoying my vacation experience. After a wonderful 50 minute massage to target my lower back pain, I felt completely better, and did for the rest of the trip-including an 8 mile hike with my son and daughter and a successful surfing lesson! My massage therapist really saved my vacation-she was truly skilled. The staff were extremely friendly, and the facilities were clean and welcoming. It was a lovely experience and I will surely be back during my next trip to Kauai!

Date of experience: January 2018