“Amazing BBQ chicken, salads with fresh greens, at Anahola Marketplace along highway”
Review of Huli Chicken

Huli Chicken
Ranked #3 of 9 Restaurants in Anahola
Reviewed 24 July 2018

Great meal, delicious moist chicken! This is a roadside BBQ pit serving fresh cooked chicken. Open mostly Thurs - Sun, 11 am until chicken is sold out. If you see the smoke from the BBQ pit, they are open. An interesting place...Picnic tables available so you can eat right away, or you can take your order to go. Very popular with locals and tourists. You have to have a Huli chicken - it's awesome!

Reviewed 17 July 2018

Keo's was just down the road from where we were staying, but we still had a little trouble spotting it. Turn by the Thrift Shop on the main road through Anahola. For $14 we got a plate lunch with half a chicken, organic greens with homemade dressing, and rice. It was enough to feed both of us for dinner and lunch the next day. Folks were very friendly and we spent quite of bit of time just chatting and discussing the wood that was used to cook the chicken. Well worth a stop!

2  Thank FrequentTraveler2010
Reviewed 20 June 2018

Right off the highway, this is a regular stop for pickup on way to beach or party or wherever. Local couple, big on Aloha and always some little extra something.

1  Thank anaholabon
Reviewed 8 April 2018

Hi gang,
Being this is our first time on Kauai we made Keo’s a must stop on our tour of the east side of the island. Not easy to spot unless you’re looking for it. Ramshackle set up. You enter a tent, check the menu and order. As stated $8 for half chicken, we ordered 2 full plates ($13 ea) to feed 4 people and it certainly will feed at least 4 people. Salad incl has homegrown veggies, nice German lady preps your plate. Keo’s is out there minding the fire and the roasting chickens, easy to talk to and say “aloha”.
Seating facilities are bare bones but who cares when you’re eating great Huli chicken, rice and salad ?? I found the Huli chicken we had at Randy’s on the Big Island somewhat tastier, but I didn’t eat the chicken skin itself.
Don’t pass up the chance to try Keo’s chicken. It’s part of the Kauai foodscape experience you shouldn’t miss.
Rich

Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

What can I say that hasn't already been said by previous reviews? I'm not a chicken on the bone kind of person, so I really wasn't too hyped about going to Huli Chicken, but my husband said that I could have the salad from the Huli plate. Well, little did I know that the salad would be wonderful, but after he insisted that I try a bite of the chicken I was hooked. I still won't eat it off the bone, but for the taste of this delicious chicken I'm willing to do my best with a fork. Between the sauce and the preparation, this chicken is phenomenal. Definitely next year when we're in Kauai we will be eating at Huli Chicken.