“Great Chicken, great people”
Review of Huli Chicken

Huli Chicken
Ranked #3 of 9 Restaurants in Anahola
Reviewed 20 June 2018

Right off the highway, this is a regular stop for pickup on way to beach or party or wherever. Local couple, big on Aloha and always some little extra something.

1  Thank anaholabon

Reviewed 8 April 2018

Hi gang,
Being this is our first time on Kauai we made Keo’s a must stop on our tour of the east side of the island. Not easy to spot unless you’re looking for it. Ramshackle set up. You enter a tent, check the menu and order. As stated $8 for half chicken, we ordered 2 full plates ($13 ea) to feed 4 people and it certainly will feed at least 4 people. Salad incl has homegrown veggies, nice German lady preps your plate. Keo’s is out there minding the fire and the roasting chickens, easy to talk to and say “aloha”.
Seating facilities are bare bones but who cares when you’re eating great Huli chicken, rice and salad ?? I found the Huli chicken we had at Randy’s on the Big Island somewhat tastier, but I didn’t eat the chicken skin itself.
Don’t pass up the chance to try Keo’s chicken. It’s part of the Kauai foodscape experience you shouldn’t miss.
Rich

Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

What can I say that hasn't already been said by previous reviews? I'm not a chicken on the bone kind of person, so I really wasn't too hyped about going to Huli Chicken, but my husband said that I could have the salad from the Huli plate. Well, little did I know that the salad would be wonderful, but after he insisted that I try a bite of the chicken I was hooked. I still won't eat it off the bone, but for the taste of this delicious chicken I'm willing to do my best with a fork. Between the sauce and the preparation, this chicken is phenomenal. Definitely next year when we're in Kauai we will be eating at Huli Chicken.

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Hale O Kanaka Maoli - the proper name for Huli-Huli Chicken roadside stand near the Sleeping Giant in Anahola. This is our third year stopping at this road-side gem. Open Thurs-Saturday (at least in fall 2017), the open-roasted half-chickens are succulent and uber-delicious. The proprietor, Keo, is very proud of his Kanaka heritage and you will undoubtedly learn about Native Hawaiian land claims and sovereignty. For us that type of learning experience is a bonus. If that is not for you, it is easily avoided. The taste, value, and Hawaiian Gingerade should not be missed. Take some with you for the flight home - we are the envy of our fellow passengers.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Huli Huli was HIGHLY recommended to us by cousins, one of whom used to live here. It was so tender, meat falling of the bone, juicy and perfectly seasoned. Couldn't believe how yummy the chicken was and it was only $8, for a half.