“WOW!”
Review of Huli Chicken

Huli Chicken
Ranked #3 of 9 Restaurants in Anahola
Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

What can I say that hasn't already been said by previous reviews? I'm not a chicken on the bone kind of person, so I really wasn't too hyped about going to Huli Chicken, but my husband said that I could have the salad from the Huli plate. Well, little did I know that the salad would be wonderful, but after he insisted that I try a bite of the chicken I was hooked. I still won't eat it off the bone, but for the taste of this delicious chicken I'm willing to do my best with a fork. Between the sauce and the preparation, this chicken is phenomenal. Definitely next year when we're in Kauai we will be eating at Huli Chicken.

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Hale O Kanaka Maoli - the proper name for Huli-Huli Chicken roadside stand near the Sleeping Giant in Anahola. This is our third year stopping at this road-side gem. Open Thurs-Saturday (at least in fall 2017), the open-roasted half-chickens are succulent and uber-delicious. The proprietor, Keo, is very proud of his Kanaka heritage and you will undoubtedly learn about Native Hawaiian land claims and sovereignty. For us that type of learning experience is a bonus. If that is not for you, it is easily avoided. The taste, value, and Hawaiian Gingerade should not be missed. Take some with you for the flight home - we are the envy of our fellow passengers.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Huli Huli was HIGHLY recommended to us by cousins, one of whom used to live here. It was so tender, meat falling of the bone, juicy and perfectly seasoned. Couldn't believe how yummy the chicken was and it was only $8, for a half.

Reviewed 28 May 2017

This may be the best chicken i've ever had. Anywhere. So tasty and moist. We went here on our last trip and had to come back. Got enough for at least 2 nights! Just get there early enough or call to make sure there's still chicken left. Just don't eat it in the car or you'll make a big mess!

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

Slow cooked over an open fire for 75 minutes, these half chickens are great for lunch or dinner. Any leftovers make for terrific tacos. The cost is $8 for half a chicken.