Came to this hotel on the Hilton Grand Vacation 'time share' offer. This is a beautiful property but it is HUGE. We checked in and caught the boat to the tower that the room was in and the boat stop was right in front of a bar... and it was happy hour! Thats a great way to start a vacation! The room was large, well kept and decorated. Very comfortable bed and bedding. WARNING: the hundreds of birds that make the grounds their homes sound the 'alarm' at sunrise and sunset when they all tweet and tweeter together! We unpacked and went down to explore the grounds. Ended up walking right to the KPC and they were able to set us up on the deck to enjoy a wonderful meal with a beautiful sunset. The waiter was the best one we had the whole trip. This was such an enjoyable dinner we came back for dinner on our last night to an equaly wonderful dinner and sunset!! We tried snorkling in the lagoon ( later afternoon when all the kids arn;t splashing or kayaks strring up the bottom) but had a difficult time with seeing. Thought it was my contacts or my mask but realized later it was warm water spots that blur the water! The lagoon has lots of the warm water spots so I was unable to see well enough to enjoy. it is a little murky but so was the snorkling we did in A bay. Early in the morning you can see to the fish, turtles, even a manta ray just standing on the shore. This is a great place for first time snorklers and kids! A couple days of waiting for that tram or boat get really tiersome. There were a couple of times that I would get down to the lobby and realize I forgot something in the room and think it was not worth the 1/2 to wait for the tram to the room, walk up and over to the room and then wait for the tram again. After 4 days of it I knew I would not want to stay at his property again. And you have 2 choices for breakfast, $26 per person buffet ( you can order off the menu but coffee is $6 juiceis $6, eggs are $12) or you can get muffin and coffee for $7 at the pool cafe. Lunch is not much easier ( we didn't find the lunch spot till the very last night!) Did I metion that the property is BIG! It is beautiful and the pool(s) are great it is just soo spread out and you and the kids will need lots of patience ( and money for meals) when staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Superbly situated adjacent to championship golf courses, the premier location of Kohala Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations provides an unsurpassed vacation setting. Hotel guests have access and charging privileges to the abundant facilities and amenities of the nearby Hilton Waikoloa Village hotel, including an enticing array of restaurants, boutiques, beaches and water recreation. Complimentary shuttle service is available between Hilton Grand Vacations, the Hilton Waikoloa Village, and area shops. Hawaii visitors staying at Kohala Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations will enjoy spacious two bedroom suites which incorporate a casually elegant tropical style, and feature a superb variety of upscale amenities and furnishings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, lastminute.com.au and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kohala Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club At Waikoloa Beach Hotel Waikoloa
- Hilton Hotel Waikoloa Beach
- Hilton Waikoloa
- Waikoloa Hilton