We stayed at the Hilton Hakala Suites, part of the Hilton Grand Vacation properties near Kona on the Big Island. This is our second time to this area.
The apartment was nicely decorated and furnished. We had a 2bedroom/2 bath condo in Bldg. 16 3rd Floor. Although the view was of trees, the road, and Mauna Kea far beyond, the apartment itself was comfortable and well equipped. It was also close to the Lobby and pool area.
They do not provide daily maid service, but did come in mid week to do the changing of the sheets and towels, vacuuming, etc. There was plenty of everything to start with in the bathrooms and kitchen.
We had a nice furnished balcony that could have used some screening, as the mosquitoes were pretty fierce at times. It was mostly a pleasant place to sit and enjoy a good book.
The pool, although small, was very nice, and the hotel had nightly entertainment there. We had a hula show that was really enjoyable, lovely music every evening, and even free ice cream one night.
There were many loungers and cabanas free to use on a first come basis, and a great bar that featured Happy Hour every afternoon.
The hotel made use of the facilities at next door at the Bay Club and offered music, happy hour and free ukelele lessons. There were various activities also for the kids.
They had a video machine in the lobby where one could rent 2 movies per day free of charge. They had a nice selection and even offered a Play Station in the room.
One of the best things about this location was that one had the use of the amazing Hilton Waikoloa Hotel pool and facilities.
That property is incredible, offering everything from a monorail to take you from building to building, an ocean lagoon for snorkeling featuring fish, turtles, eels, etc. huge fresh water pools and hot tubs, a lagoon with a dozen dolphins, including a baby, that one can watch or swim with for a dear price.
There are tennis courts, all kinds of water sport activities like paddle boats, snorkeling, and paddle surfing.
If one is looking to relax and not have to move anywhere, this hotel is for you. Wonderful facilities, nice attentive staff, and a wonderful sunset every night! What more could one want ?
If you are a shopper, you have the Queen's Shops and the King's Shops nearby. In the Queen's shop there is a great Food court featuring many Hawaiian specialties and some from the mainland. Good prices, nice selection. There is also a grocery store for everything from fresh pastries to Hawaiian wine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Superbly situated adjacent to championship golf courses, the premier location of Kohala Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations provides an unsurpassed vacation setting. Hotel guests have access and charging privileges to the abundant facilities and amenities of the nearby Hilton Waikoloa Village hotel, including an enticing array of restaurants, boutiques, beaches and water recreation. Complimentary shuttle service is available between Hilton Grand Vacations, the Hilton Waikoloa Village, and area shops. Hawaii visitors staying at Kohala Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations will enjoy spacious two bedroom suites which incorporate a casually elegant tropical style, and feature a superb variety of upscale amenities and furnishings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Hilton Hotels Direct, lastminute.com.au, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Kohala Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club At Waikoloa Beach Hotel Waikoloa
- Hilton Hotel Waikoloa Beach
- Hilton Waikoloa
- Waikoloa Hilton