9,044 results
All reviews ocean tower dolphin quest hilton waikoloa kona pool lagoon grill the big island pizza place chinese restaurant kamuela provision company buddha point boat ride swim with the dolphins fish huge resort boat service main lobby dolphin encounter
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Absolutely the best vacation I've ever had! The hotel is beautiful with every amenity imaginable. The staff extremely friendly and genuinely happy to help. Accommodations were beautiful and housekeeping perfect everyday. On-site restaurant food was a little pricey but that's usually to be expected at a hotel. Overall an amazing experience.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank r0bynm85
HiltonWaikoloa, General Manager at Hilton Waikoloa Village, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

I'm so happy we were able to play a role in the best vacation you've ever had! I appreciate all of your feedback and positive comments -- thanks! Hope to see you again in the future.

Mahalo,
Simon At Hilton Waikoloa Village

Reviewed 17 September 2018

very nice hotel, excellent located at the water, but at the moment variuos renovatins ongoing. Usage limeted (large pool, whirlpoll + waterslide,out of order restaurants closed, noise in ocean tower every morning due to nenovation). Hilton didn´t inform properly and did not reduce or cancel the resort fee (40 USD per day on top of room price) or offer any other compensation such as free breakfast or drinks.Rooms in Ocean Tower are renovated; our room was not renovated but still ok. For the price I expected a more modern room. Overall good stay with a little negative touch.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank janseliger
HiltonWaikoloa, Manager at Hilton Waikoloa Village, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you for your recent stay at Hilton Waikoloa Village, and thank you for your review. We genuinely appreciate all of your comments as it is the only way that we can continue to improve and offer a better experience for you on your next stay.

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

Love this hotel close and walking Distance to a bunch of good restaurants and beaches. Can't wait till next time we can spend more time. The walks on the beach and all the things you can do at the resort. We spent a lot of time in the downtown area walking around enjoying all the shops and bars.

Stayed: September 2018

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay at our resort! We can't wait to see you again in the future. Mahalo!

Best,
Simon At Hilton Waikoloa Village

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

The hotel grounds are very nice to look at and explore. But that’s all. It’s so spread out you have to walk 10-15min to get from reception to your room, half the building we were originally booked in is under construction and one of the beach areas is also closed for upgrades. If you don’t want to walk to your room then there is a monorail and boat that do loops back and forth but even then you could be waiting 20mins if you just missed one. The bathroom sink wasn’t in the bathroom but outside the bathroom and had carpeted floor. The room when we arrived back each day had a funky smell like the carpet had been wet at some point and the humidity just added to the issue.
Plus there is the $35 per night resort fee, and $27 per night self parking fee which we hadn’t been told about when booking. So add $62us per night if you have a car. And there is no other parking option near by.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent stay at Hilton Waikoloa Village, and thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. While we strive to provide a pleasant experience to our guest, we apologize that your experience included these issues. I will share this information with our team, so that we can offer a better level of service for your next visit with us.

Reviewed 16 September 2018

Came here to celebrate our babymoon (I'm 6 months pregnant). I originally was going to give this resort a 5 star review, however, halfway through our stay on Labor day, a non-hotel guest robbed me while on the property by the grand staircase (area near the waterfall) at the bottom of the stairs just past the lobby. He grabbed a backpack and instinctively (looking back, this was not the smartest decision being 6 months pregnant), I ran after the guy and fell. I am very appreciative that 2 good samaritan citizens helped join the chase as well as valet and security and I was able to retrieve my stolen belongings back. However, from the fall, I did get scraped up and bruised up pretty badly. I was still able to walk the next day, but our plans had to change as I could no longer enjoy water activities (the cuts stung when water touched it) and could not experience the spa (did not want to be massaged when all bruised and cut up). But more importantly, luckily, I did not fall on my stomach and lose the baby which could have happened. This resort needs to spend more money on security. The guy who robbed me was clearly there to rob a tourist (as he had a getaway car) that day. If it were not me that day, it would have been someone else. I have never been robbed before and I've traveled all over the world, in places known for pickpocketing and robbery, and the LAST place I would have expected to have been robbed was at a 4 star resort. Perhaps, that's why it happened...because your guard is down at a nice resort. I just wanted to share this so that other visitors don't have to experience what I went through. Please be mindful of your surroundings and do not bring any valuables to the pool or lagoon when swimming. I'm sure these crooks will be back or another set of their friends.

Valet and Security were very helpful and sincere in helping me, however, hotel management didn't seem to care much. I'm not one to complain much, so maybe they were unaware of what happened, but I was shocked that hotel management wasn't more proactive to see how I was doing after the injury or if I lost my baby or how to make my stay better. I did receive some complimentary water and snacks to the room, but it would have been nice if they offered something more, as half of my babymoon plans were now ruined and I can't get that time back..but I did make the best of what I could with the remaining time there. Coming from a customer service background, I was surprised that a 4 star resort would treat their hotel guest this way, especially since I was injured while on the property due to their lack of security.

The resort itself is HUGE, which I really enjoyed since it was nice to walk around and get the daily exercise. My favorite area was the lagoon. The turtles mainly hang around the waterfall area, but if you go during the afternoon time, they swim to other areas of the lagoon more and even out to the ocean. The visibility in the lagoon isn't good, and it's murky by the waterfall, but still fun. If you snorkel near the rocks, you might see an eel.

There is an ocean access area across from the lagoon (walk across the white broken coral at your own risk) and at the far end by the restaurant, but it's very rocky. I saw some snorkelers in the water, but not much fish to see.

The area around the ocean tower/palace tower is gorgeous during sunset. We stayed in the palace tower and the room was spacious and clean. The mini fridge in the room was nice as well. We didn't have a room that was near the elevator (good thing) b/c there are these noisy birds that chirp at night and in the morning near the elevator and it echos across the walls. It never bothered us where our room was at, but I can see how if your room door faces the courtyard where the elevator is, how it could be noisy...

Overall, our stay was nice (until the robbery) and the hotel grounds were lovely....they just need to do something about security and making sure their hotel guests are safe and protected while on the property.

Room Tip: For palace tower, avoid rooms in courtyard area where elevator is (noisy birds on trees there)
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christine V

While crime is not something that we typically experience in our resort, I am very sorry that this incident impacted your vacation. We have a dedicated team of Security officers on property 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We will reach out to you to discuss this incident further.