USD 591
USD 368
USD 468
USD 259
  • Beachfront
Hilton Waikoloa Village(Waikoloa)(Great Value!)
USD 339
USD 287
USD 468
  • Pool
The Aeolian Residence(Waikoloa)(Great Value!)
USD 57
TripAdvisor
All reviewswild turkeysgolf coursefull kitchenliving roomgrocery storeair conditioningwaikoloa villagethe big islandminute drivewasher and dryersaddle roadhapuna beachtime sharefirst floorpool and hot tubhome away from homethe trade winds
Reviewed 24 November 2015

I love PG! It is close to some of the best beaches on the Gold Coast as well as all the luxury hotels. Very peaceful and relaxing and you do not need to use the air conditioning.Love to get up every morning and watch the wild turkeys while I drink my coffee. Waikoloa Village Golf course is great as is the clubhouse restaurant, Banjy's. Live music on Friday's and Saturdays. Grocery store is 2 min. away. A-Bay, Lava Java, King's Shops, Queen's Marketplace are 10 min. by car. Hapuna Beach is 20 minutes. No fighting traffic to get into town. PG in the village is the way to go.

Room Tip: Stay in an end unit on the ground floor. On the golf-course is nice. Building H is great.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank debrox2015
Wendy A, Assistant General Manager at Paniolo Greens Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2015

Aloha,
Thank you for being an owner at Paniolo Greens! I am happy to hear that you are enjoying your ownership and the accommodations offered at the resort. I look forward to your next stay here with us.

Reviewed 21 November 2015

The ten minute drive up the mountain to leave the chaos of the coast is a good investment if you want to slow down. Very well appointed two bedroom units, most on the golf course will give you a good base for visiting the big island. Swimming pool, hot tub, rec centre and beach rentals make it very family friendly. The village market is nearby that has all you need to complete your stay. This is a great location if you want to go to the Hilo side or up Mauna Kea. Its location is fabulous for sunsets.

Room Tip: End units are sunnier and second floor units quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tom P

Aloha,
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at Paniolo Greens. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts. As stated, our property is centrally located on the island and gives you a head start if you would like to see Mauna Kea or take a day trip to the Hilo side of the island. I do hope that we have to opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Mahalo

Reviewed 19 November 2015

We stayed in L building with a view of the distant ocean. There was just 2 of us, but the upstairs unit gives you two floors. A single bedroom with separate shower bathroom, open plan kitchen and living room and outside patio. Upstairs is 2 double bedrooms each with its own bathroom. The furnishings were nice, and the kitchen was well equipped. We liked our unit however we did have a massive bug problem the first night. This was in late October but we left the kitchen ceiling light on when we went out for dinner to return to many small fly-like bugs all over the ceiling, floor and surrounding rooms. We went out to buy insect spray after we contacted the office as it took some time, an hour before the maintenance man came to spray. By then we had done all the spraying ourselves, and fortunately there was a vacuum cleaner in our unit which we used to clear away the bugs. This problem was solved for the remainder of our 4 nights but it was not pleasant to experience at all. The maintenance man said it is normal the whole village at this time of year but still we were unprepared. We shopped at the nearby grocery store within 10 min walk. There is a PO too across the way about a mile away. Good free wi-fi throughout the unit. You need a car to get around to other places.

Room Tip: Get an upstairs unit, and ask for ocean view which gives sunsets too
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank cheerieone

Aloha,
Thank you so much for staying with us at Paniolo Greens and for taking the time to post your experiences. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations as well as your visit to our lovely island. I do apologize for the bug problem and am glad to hear that it was resolved after the first night. If you would like to discuss this issue further, you are welcome to contact me at the resort. I looking forward to welcoming you back to the property again in the near future.

Reviewed 14 November 2015

This comfortable condo-resort has a nice pool, a great hot-tub, an adequate workout facility, very comfortable units with nice kitchens and balconies, and is close to the Kona coastline resorts, 2 hours from Hilo, and 2+ from Volcano, actually a perfect location. It is relatively quiet, is on a golf course, the most noise comes from the ever-present wind which howls most afternoons.

Room Tip: Golf Course bedroom better than parking lot side.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jwredlabel
Wendy A, Assistant General Manager at Paniolo Greens Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2015

Aloha,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay at Paniolo Greens. Your feedback is very important to us as it helps us to know how to deliver a great experience for you and others that choose Paniolo Greens as their destination resort. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our facilities and our central location on the island. I look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 12 November 2015 via mobile

We stayed at Paniolo Greens for two weeks. There was 6 of us in total and the condo was big enough for all of us. Having three bathrooms was a bonus. The cooking equipment was clean and in good working condition. The whole condo was clean and well serviced.

The swimming pool was a lovely, relaxing area. There was always room, aside from one weekend where a prize giving celebration had been booked. The swimming pool was heaving and children were left alone to their own devices - hugely dangerous. It would also been nice to have a snack bar near the pool.

Our main problem came with the concierge. One the welcome day myself and my husband signed up for the timeshare talk. We were genuinely interested as my parents have made good use of theirs. The lady spoke in a condescending manner towards us when questioning our wage and age, almost doubting us. We have a collective healthy income and are well established in our careers to be able to afford the luxury of a timeshare. I found being prejudged hugely insulting based on not looking our age.

The second incident with the concierge when my husband was trying to book a trip. He stood in a queue behind 2 other people. After 15mins they had both been helped and the window was shut in his face as he approached the window. The woman was abrupt and rudely told him she needed to collect doughnuts for the welcome meeting and he would have to come back. Unfortunately we were going out for the day and weren't going to be returning until later that evening when the concierge would be shut. He told her this and she refused to serve him based on her need to buy doughnuts 2 hours prior to the welcome meeting beginning. She had also made him wait in the queue without pre warning him she would be shutting.
When trying to booking the trip the next day, it was regrettably sold out. A huge disappointment for us, who coming from the UK, will probably never visit Hawaii again.This would have been a memorable trip swimming with the Dolphins. Incredibly poor customer service.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family

Aloha,
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Paniolo Greens and the accomodations that we had to offer. I do apologize for the experience that you had with our guest guides. I will definately discuss it with them and it will be a good training topic. Once again, thank you for choosing to stay at Paniolo Greens and although you live in the UK, I do hope you have the opportunity to return and see us again.