“best luau so far”

Ranked #16 of 67 Restaurants in Waikoloa
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Much better than the Hilton in Honolulu. Good food, open bar and fun entertainment. A nice setting on the property and well organized seating.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

We enjoyed the luau and the food. The pork wasn't much to talk about but the rest of the dishes were tasty.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

I have a lot of food allergies, to be exact low fodmap, always difficult to explain to restaurants, told waitress I have allergies and she told manager, they brought me a plate of fish, chicken, beef and veggies without garllic and onion, thanks very much for accommodating, you went above and beyond.
The show was ok.

1  Thank shari550562016
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

My family and I started our vacation with this luau. My husband and I had been to one previous luau on the Big Island but opted for this so we wouldn't have to drive and could enjoy a few cocktails. This was a great choice for those staying in Waikoloa Village. I was worried about the size of this but the way it is organized it did not feel that way. We opted for the Alii seating which I would definitely recommend! Our server, Penny was amazing and even went back up to the buffet to get my daughter some chicken nuggets after she came back from the buffet line.. The food was outstanding; do not miss the chicken as it was the best thing on the buffet although I don't think I left a morsel of food on my plate (other than some poi) as it was all delicious. I would arrive at 5pm although doors open at 5:30 in order to get the best seats. We were right down in the front row. Keiki (kids) do get spots in the front when the show starts which is a nice feature.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Due to the cost (281 for 2 adults general seating with 2 free kids) I was hesitant to do a luau at all. There was a free mini luau show at my hotel the night before and I almost canceled coming to this one... but am glad I didn’t! It was a fun, memorable experience and I recommend going if you never have and can fit the budget. A few thoughts:
Everyone in your party gets a orchid lei upon arrival.. so nice!

Seating - long tables . We sat very close to the back on the far side in general seating. Loved our back seats! Easy to get in and out, right next to the food and could see the stage easily and if I wanted to stand for a photo or hold up my toddler we didn’t block anyone. They also invite kids to sit right up front. I imagine sitting in the middle of a middle table may be tough with small kids.

Show- Very well done! Fun, well paced perfect length.

Food- All you can eat, good number of options, kids table, unlimited drinks with fun pretty cocktails, yummy desserts. If you are a picky or super healthy eater your options may be somewhat limited ... but you can make a big beautiful salad. Meats are tender and well seasoned. Sides ( white rice, pork fried rice, mashed potatoes steamed veggies) - nothing ‘fancy’ but tasty and filling.

My Main problem with food was the lack of hand sanitizer at the front of the buffet line... way too many hands touching the utensils to not place a big bottle of hand sanitizer in front... or for a nicer touch pass out warm wet towels. Just encourage hand washing somehow.

Overall my 3 year old is now jamming around the house like a fire dancer, we have some great photos and had a fun night. Save your money by NOT wasting it on overpriced poolside hotel lunches for 3 days and do this instead.

1  Thank C C