I agree with many of the reviewers that this is a special place. I also agree with the reviewer who described this as "camping." I have no doubt that it's the nicest place around but it is still rustic and in a (damp) rainforest. That being said, the bed is comfortable and the shower water is hot and plentiful, two things that are very important to us. However, the wifi is weak, the rooms cold (a recommendation would be to call about half an hour before your arrival and ask if they'll put the wood stove on), the DVD selection is very limited and not available after 6 PM (download movies before you arrive) and our room did not have any comfortable chairs for movie viewing. The breakfast and snacks are a nice treat as are the touches like flashlights and umbrellas. Extra towels would be nice as the office closes at 6 PM and the towels don't dry out in this climate, even with heated towel bars! All in all, nice, and certainly very, very convenient to the park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Heaven on Earth. Welcome to the paradox of fire and tranquility. We created the Hawaii Volcano Village Lodge for people who want more out of life than a whirlwind tour of the island. Located just a mile from the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, our lodges and retreat are where you will wake up in peace and beauty. Stroll through the sacred rainforest and rest in your deluxe lodge with every comfort, including the plushest bedding, a fireplace, DVD, CD, private telephone, wireless connection, tropical breakfasts and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Volcano Village Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Volcano Village Hotel Volcano
- Volcano Village Lodge Hawaii