See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 April 2016 via mobile

The room was excellent. The breakfast was good. But it was a 5 minute drive across a busy road from one to the other. There is no maid service- no problem for us, but it might be for others. It was a pain to have to drive to breakfast, but it was peaceful.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2016

Very, very friendly staff. A little bit expensive for room size. Beautiful garden view room with glass corner walls which allowed us to look at the forest from the bed. Very nice little path in the woods to get to the room. Eco lodge. Wonderful papaya, pineapple, nuts and yogurt breakfast, which started the day really well! Not far at all from the park entrance which made it convenient. WiFi was on and off sometimes. Great little nature rooms :)

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 September 2015

Clean, friendly inn that offers a B&B aatmosphere in a beautiful tropical setting. This gen is just a couple of miles from the Park. They offer a great fresh breakfast consisting of fruit & homemade banana bread. Coffee always available. We will be back next time we visit Hawaii.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2015 via mobile

I hated this place. I wasn't expecting anything fancy but I figured it would be rustic and charming. Wrong. It was stinky, old, and overall just really bad. I've traveled a lot and I've never been to a place that I simply just didn't like anything about, until Volcano Inn. Maybe it's just the Gecko room, I don't know, but it was seriously awful! It had the most uncomfortable bed I've ever TRIED to sleep on. I hardly slept because it was like sleeping on the floor. I'm not even exaggerating on this. The bed in the living room hung off of the frame by about a foot so if you got anywhere near the edge of the mattress, it fell into the floor. My daughter ended up sleeping on the couch for that reason. Oh and the couch... the cushions were dirty and ripped up. All of the bedding was old and dingy. The room was very poorly decorated, with plastic toy geckos nailed to the wall and paper posters thumb tacked up. Their was noth

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
7  Thank clwdunn
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I enjoyed my 2 days at Volcano Inn. Very clean and very close to the volcano and a couple of nice restaurants. Nice little hot tub for the cold evenings at 4000 feet. Great little spot for 1 or 2 people.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo