All reviews enchanted forest breakfast was delicious royal orchid wild ginger local information other guests gave us great tips nice bed and breakfast half papaya fruit hawaii volcanoes national park own bathroom the big island quiche bagels common areas thoroughly enjoyed our stay
Reviewed 15 November 2017

My husband and I stayed at the Lava Pond Lodge for 2 nights. Lori, the innkeeper, was just wonderful. She was very kind, accommodating, offered up tips and information, and created an amazing breakfast each morning.
We stayed in the Ohana that is separate from the main house. It was impeccably clean and had really sweet and nice touches. The proximity to Volcano national park, as well as all the restaurants on the main street were awesome. We had to drive to these places, but not more than 5-10 minutes.
If we ever came back to Volcano, we would most definitely stay at the Lodge again. We couldn't recommend it enough.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2017

The place was clean and comfortable. The innkeeper (Lori) was very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was delicious. We had a nice combination of privacy and nice company for breakfast. It was nice to wake up to the sound of bird outside our window.

Room Tip: see the photos on the Lava Pond Lodge website
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

My wife and I came to the Volcano region and stayed here for one night during our honeymoon trip. The room we stayed was Wild Ginger which was cozy and homey. Regina was our hostess on that day. She was very nice and friendly and we chatted a lot. She gave recommendations about where to eat and prepared amazing tropical style breakfast for us next day in the morning. The whole experience truly exceeded our expectations about a B&B.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Lava Pond Lodge for two nights. It is a B and B with I think 3 or 4 bedrooms. First off, Regina, our Inn Keeper could not have been more friendly and welcoming. She gave us excellent local tips and advice on visiting Kilauea Volcano and the local area. Her breakfast each morning was a delight thanks to what she provided and her friendliness and charm. The premises were very clean, tidy and homely and a peaceful place to come back to and relax. The house is set a few blocks back from the main road to Volcano National Park which is a three minute drive away. It is in a very quiet area surrounded by very lush vegetation. We would definitely stay again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2017

My wife and I chose the Lava Pond Lodge to spend our 50th Birthdays. Lori went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable in our stay. She decorated our room and even baked a cake for us! We stayed in the Royal Orchard room which was fabulous. The place was very clean, the bed was very comfortable.

Lori prepares an awesome breakfast and her hospitality is welcoming to all.

I would highly recommend this place not only because of the location but Lori makes the experience that much more memorable. She has a great personality and is knowledgeable of the area. We were just minutes from Volcano Park which made travel very convenient. We loved our stay and will return the next opportunity we get!

Room Tip: The Royal Orchard room was the best!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family