All reviews enchanted forest royal orchid wild ginger breakfast sandwich other guests local information yogurt nice bed and breakfast half papaya volcano national park highly recommend this b b breakfasts were great common areas breakfast each morning the big island great recommendations own bathroom
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

My wife and I came to the Volcano region and stayed here for one night during our honeymoon trip. The room we stayed was Wild Ginger which was cozy and homey. Regina was our hostess on that day. She was very nice and friendly and we chatted a lot. She gave recommendations about where to eat and prepared amazing tropical style breakfast for us next day in the morning. The whole experience truly exceeded our expectations about a B&B.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Lava Pond Lodge for two nights. It is a B and B with I think 3 or 4 bedrooms. First off, Regina, our Inn Keeper could not have been more friendly and welcoming. She gave us excellent local tips and advice on visiting Kilauea Volcano and the local area. Her breakfast each morning was a delight thanks to what she provided and her friendliness and charm. The premises were very clean, tidy and homely and a peaceful place to come back to and relax. The house is set a few blocks back from the main road to Volcano National Park which is a three minute drive away. It is in a very quiet area surrounded by very lush vegetation. We would definitely stay again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2017

My wife and I chose the Lava Pond Lodge to spend our 50th Birthdays. Lori went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable in our stay. She decorated our room and even baked a cake for us! We stayed in the Royal Orchard room which was fabulous. The place was very clean, the bed was very comfortable.

Lori prepares an awesome breakfast and her hospitality is welcoming to all.

I would highly recommend this place not only because of the location but Lori makes the experience that much more memorable. She has a great personality and is knowledgeable of the area. We were just minutes from Volcano Park which made travel very convenient. We loved our stay and will return the next opportunity we get!

Room Tip: The Royal Orchard room was the best!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2017

We had a great overnight stay to visit Volcano National Park. The Royal Orchid Room was clean and cozy, and had everything we needed and more, including a fireplace and soaking tub. Gorgeous, lush rainforest setting…we almost stayed an extra night because it was so peaceful and relaxing. Lori provided an excellent breakfast with beautiful tropical fruit-filled papayas, yogurt, waffles, pastries, and coffee, and she had great recommendations for visiting the park. I would highly recommend this place and would love to return next time I visit the Big Island.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Suzanne K, Manager at Lava Pond Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Thank you, Charlotte! So glad you enjoyed your stay here at Lava Pond Lodge! We look forward to seeing you again.
Lori

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

I was so happy to stay this place. Very peaceful and pleasant atmosphere. Lori Innkeeper was so sweet and her foods made me feel like I was in sister's home. She also gave me good information for my daily adventures. Very helpful. Close to Volcano . Thank you so much Lori. I hope to go back soon.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo