See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 January 2017

This was a lucky find for us. They had a last minute cancellation so we booked the week between Christmas and New Years in November. We weren't sure about the location..far from everything but if you want a unique Hawaii experience this is it. The house is incredible...everything is very high end. well stocked and designed kitchen, big bedrooms, beautiful living room and incredible views from every room. The furniture is incredible..wood floors and stone throughout. Most of the sun is on the Kona side and it was cool and rainy while we were there but that made the experience even more authentic. Went to the volcano, green sand beach, black sand beach which are all a drive from both sides of the island.

Room Tip: One of a kind.. can't imagine you could have this experience anywhere else
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 December 2016

This is an amazing place to stay and I would highly recommend it. It is a beautifully furnished home in the middle of a rainforest with every conceivable thing you could possibly need. The views from every room are unbelievable. The beds are very comfortable and the kitchen is fully stocked. Sharon greets you upon check-in and provides a tour of the home, along with a loaf of delicious banana bread. When we go back to Hawaii, we will stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 September 2016 via mobile

I have never stayed in a house so well furnished! They had everything we possibly needed and more. The house was very clean. The beds were very comfy! I didn't want to leave. The house and grounds were beautiful. We absolutely loved our stay here.
Although there were houses in the area, the grounds were so lush and beautiful, you wouldn't know you had neighbors.
I would rent this house again if I have the opportunity to return to the Big Island!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2016

If you are looking for a wonderful home to stay while visiting the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park area, look no further. My family of 5 (kids 16, 14, and 10) plus my mother had a fantastic time staying here. The home is beautiful, spacious, and relaxing. Every member of my family had their own space. The home is furnished so beautifully! Sharon greeted us with a warm welcome and gave us an introductory tour of the home (and a delicious loaf of banana bread that everyone speaks of). My favorite space is the back lanai! I could sit there for hours listening to the sounds of the rainforest. The home is stocked with any essential you can think of, including binoculars for the Kilauea Crater. My daughter left a stuffed animal behind, and Sharon was very prompt in replying and is mailing it back to us in NC. I would like to return to this beautiful area and would definitely stay at the Volcano Rainforest Lodge again. I recommend 3 nights at least, as our two night stay wasn't quite long enough. Thank you Rob and Sharon!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Julie V
Reviewed 27 July 2016

11-3203 Huakai Street, Volcano, HI, 96785, United States (448070)
Date of Stay
June 18, 2016

What a beautiful spot to relax, enjoy some quiet family time and a perfect base from which to explore the Volcano National Park! Sharon was a wonderful and attentive host who also greeted us with a warm smile, tour of the gorgeous home and a delicious loaf of her homemade macadamia nut/banana bread. This home surpassed our expectations and got our vacation off to a fantastic start. We hope to return on our next stay to the big island and can not recommend it highly enough to those considering a stay. You will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: Private home best described as a luxury villa in a very private and peaceful setting.
Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family