“A cozy, romantic hideaway for 2”
other travellers have booked this property
Exterior cottage in jungle Entrance
Exterior cottage in jungle
Entrance
Front door entrance
Beautiful Wooden Soaking Tub
King bed with sitting area
Fireplace and firewood which we supply
Fully equipped kitchen
Bathroom vanity with large walkin shower
Sitting area
King size bed
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Kristin H
San Rafael, California
“A cozy, romantic hideaway for 2”
Reviewed 8 August 2013 for a stay in July 2013
person found this review helpful

Very comfortable bed - contemporary & stylish design. Minutes from Volcano National Park. Laundry, 2-person hot tub, fireplace & full kitchen. Large, luxurious, pebble-floor shower. Quiet, peaceful and very romantic. It was the perfect place for our honeymoon.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The private deck hot tub!
Liked least: We had to unplug the hot tub at night to keep the noise factor down (it's right next to the bed)
AndoBeatt...
Melbourne, Australia
“Amazing retreat very close to Volcano town and national park”
Reviewed 16 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013
person found this review helpful

We stayed at this lovely retreat for two nights while we explored Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. It's made up of one large living area which also contains a super comfy king bed, fireplace and dining area which leads into a well-appointed kitchen on one side and an amazing bathroom with a massive shower and fabulous deep wooden bath on the other. There is also a hot tub on the back patio and a washer/dryer. It also had a very reliable and speedy free wi-if service.
It's less than a 10-minute drive from the entrance to the park, and less than 5 minutes to the town of Volcano.
It was the perfect place for us to base ourselves for our adventures in the park, and a relaxing haven to come back to after a hard day of hiking.
Brenda was an outstanding host, nothing was too much trouble - she even drove 15 minutes from her home to bring us a box of matches when we couldn't get the fire lit with the igniter. Now that's service with a smile!
Volcano Singing Forest is a great place to stay - we only wish we could have stayed longer! Highly recommended!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The deep wooden bath, the comfortable bed and the location
Older travelers
WinebaPar...
Belper
“if only it had a bedroom!”
Reviewed 2 January 2013 for a stay in November 2012
person found this review helpful

A very good initial impression until you notice that a monstrously large bed, with even larger wooden surrounds, occupies the living area as there is no bedroom. Very good large kitchen, but no toaster. Superb bathroom. There's a hot tub on the balcony (where a bedroom could be) and it's very noisy all night. We turned it off on the power supply outside and put it on again when we left, with an apology left in the guest book. Dining table mainly occupied by large DVD. We removed it and cleaned the dusty table so we could use the table.
Internet link is cable, not WiFi, so tough if you've got a tablet or smartphone.
This place has the potential to be excellent as it's so convenient for Volcano national park and is has a stunning design in parts.
Bring food with you as local shops are minimalist.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: The awful bed with extra wooden surround
Older travelers
Management Response
2 Jan 2013
Aloha,
I was very surprised to read your review. I am sorry you were disappointed in Volcano Singing Forest. It is obvious it was not for you. I have other cottages suited for couples who want more rooms. My cottage is a vacation home for couples wanting a retreat and romance, hot tub, fireplace and a large bed... I have many photos on Flipkey and if you read my advertisement carefully and observed my photos you would have seen the large wooden king bed and everything was in one room. My cottage looks just like the photos and is advertised as a studio which means here in America, one room. I advertise a large plush king bed .
The DVD was issued by the cable company which is large(12"x8") but not as large as a person. The table sits 4..
However, I have requested from the cable company a smaller DVD.
My table is dusted before a guess check in so I guess the dust was under the DVD. A misfortunate overlook on my part..
I know the hot tub is a little noisy. I have no control over this.. Turning it off at night is want we recommend.,
I did heed your advice and have since then installed a router for wireless.
I have also included in my Confirmation letter that if you plan on doing extended cooking to purchase food items in Hilo and Kona before arriving in Volcano.

This is my business and I take all of this very serious. A review can cause potential guess lost and I feel people should think before they post a review. It should be based on things that can be improved not on personal preferences like wanting a bedroom unless the business misrepresented themselves...

Best regards.
Brenda Carson
MQ007b
Melbourne, Australia
“In town, yet isolated and tranquil”
Reviewed 2 January 2013 for a stay in December 2012
people found this review helpful

The cottage was a great departure from the traditional hotel room in Hilo and other major centres - we were looking to get a bit closer to the volcano and this worked out great.

The hottub on the rear porch was good for soaking after a long march across the lava field at Kalapana. Definitely watch out for those door locks though - we locked ourselves out of the cottage in the middle of the night which was a bit of a worry given it was pouring rain and cold weather.

The bathroom is enormous and the large shower with pebbled floor and natural surrounds was wonderful.

The only downside was the lack of heating - it was chilly and damp when we stayed and we had a wood fire, but it was slow to get started, didn't throw a lot of heat and went out a couple of times. A portable heater would not have the charm, of course, but would have warmed us up a bit faster.

If you're looking for an escape (and can keep a fire lit!), you couldn't do better than this place - it's on a small block in a town when you look at Google Maps, but the reality is that the surrounding bushland and ferns all around the house means you can't see anyone, and they can't see you.

Honokaa Hawaii
Reviewed 7 October 2012 for a stay in August 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing