Open today: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Tranquil Beautiful Place

Reviewed 4 days ago
Yvonne P
Abertillery, United Kingdom
Delecious healthy food and great collection of arts

Reviewed 1 week ago

from USD 182.30
from USD 238.54
from USD 65.00
More Info
All reviews local artists ono gift shop household items unique items rabbit delicious vegetarian hawaiian art fine art beautiful things worth a stop for sale the big island ira gallery jewelry artwork
Reviewed 4 days ago

We were lucky to visit this beautiful place on 25th October as part of our Kailani Tastes + Treasures of HawaiiTour with our lovely and very knowledgeable guide Amanda. We were greeted by the owner/custodian Ira Ono, a very gracious host and talented artist, with a nice glass of wine. The gardens are full of all kinds of different artworks, plants and flowers and the shop has a wonderful variety of products to buy, which you are encouraged to touch. There were locally made products, soap, jewellery, and really nice artwork including some striking masks made by Ira. We had a really nice Hawaiian style lunch in the garden. Don't leave this lovely place without petting Noble, the biggest, most laid back rabbit we have ever seen! If you are in the Volcano area I would recommend giving this place a visit.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We loved this place as it is very authentic and unique. The food is delicious and offers many vegan, veggie and gluten free options. The owner is very welcoming and friendly and the whole staff was very nice. We enjoyed our afternoon stop here and can only recommend this authentic no touristy spot.
Ps: grav a piece of the vegan carrot cake. It is amazing!!!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I guess looking back I liked the Garden Arts about average. When you are in the moment and in the culture is pretty cool though. I guess odds and end arts is just not for me. Do go though. Others may enjoy. My wife like it.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The food was great - and the iced tea was amazing! They had some really lovely stuff in the shop from small interesting items for not much to beautiful pieces of art for lots more. Sadly rain was pouring down when we went so we didn't get to enjoy the art in the garden!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This studio is situated in a pleasant garden and has a large variety of quality art and nick knacks to remember your holiday by.

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

If we didn’t have other treks planned, we could have spent all day hanging out here. Their tree sanctuary space is so relaxing, intriguing art from locals, and the cafe food rocks! (Mushroom miso mmmmm). We appreciated the gigantic servings of good coffee too. Say hello to Noble, the rabbit deity in the back.

Reviewed 17 September 2018

We happened upon this little store/gallery/cafe, and it was a great find. So many fun things to look at inside & out. The people were so friendly and had lots of information about their goods. It was Valentine's Day, so my husband bought me a heart shaped rock and we bought each other old fashioned mood rings. Nothing arty or authentic, but totally memorable! Definitely worth a stop.

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

We are frequent customers to Volcano Garden Arts! Always something wonderfully new to see and explore. Dont forget to stop by and pay a visit to Noble, their unique New Zealand Rabbit. Ira Ono is a lovely host. So warm and welcoming and happy to offer insight into whats offered in the store. A cant miss in Volcano Village!

Reviewed 6 August 2018

This beautiful property has lots to see and touch!! There are lots of statues, etc spread about the property and most items are for sale. Great space for an event or lunch. The little shop has hundreds of items for sale. Most of them are by local artists. You can find some really unique local flair here. What I liked best is that I could find something I loved for $4 and I also could find a one of a kind high end glass sculpture. There is something for everyone here. I purchased a lot of gifts to bring home to my family, a few things for myself and also a few Christmas gifts. Great place to shop and support the locals. There is also a café so you can grab a bit to eat

Reviewed 26 June 2018

This stop on our tour was truly one of our most memorable experiences on our visit of The Big Island. We were welcomed so warmly and invited to experience all the beautiful art and to touch everything. We were able to take in all the breathtaking gardens and a delicious lunch. This visit stands out from everything else we saw while visiting four Hawaiian Islands.