All reviewsnational parkorange slicesfruitthe big islandwarm roomprovided greatcan't beat the locationpost officemini fridgegreen sand beachprivate patiogreat place to staynice breakfastlarge roomhardwood floorswill stay there againquiet retreat
Reviewed 27 November 2017

Very nice B and B. Location close to VNP. Staff/owner very friendly and helpful. Our room was large and clean. Bed was comfortable and we slept well as it was very quiet. Breakfast included and good WIFI connection. Would definitely recommend.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2017

The owner is very nice. The rooms are comfortable and private. The breakfast is great. It's 3 minutes from the National Park. Very convenient for seeing Jagger Crater at night. Without question I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2017

I'd actually like to rate this 3.5 stars. I can't say it's very good, but is at least a little above average. There are two reasons for not giving it a higher score. One is breakfast. The time period for getting breakfast is pretty narrow, 7:30-8:30. Also, with regard to breakfast, you have no options. We were there for a few mornings. They made pancakes and one morning french toast and that's what you get. I'm not sure if you could ask for seconds, but none was offered. There was some fruit and banana bread (which was very good) was sometimes made. No protein options. Being able to get eggs would have been nice. My other comment would be with regard to cleanliness. It's generally clean, but with only four rooms, it seems they could take the time to give each room a really thorough cleaning at least monthly. I happened to look under the bed before checkout to make sure nothing was left and there was a LOT of dust. With hardwood floors this is more noticeable. It may be just as bad in hotels with carpet, but you just don't see it, but here you do. Also, outside my room on the porch was an ash tray. I don't know if the guests before me smoked or someone before them, but it stayed there multiple nights. I finally moved the ash tray to a small table near the entrance door.
On to the positive notes, location- the place is probably five minutes to the entrance of the national park and is really set in a forest surrounded by lush vegetation set back from the road, so it's also very quiet. It's also not far from the little town that surprisingly has a nice variety of good restaurants. Though I did make a couple comments about the room, it was a good size and the beds were very comfortable. Also, the people running/working there are very friendly and helpful.
If they could make a couple changes with regard to breakfast time/options and do a thorough cleaning, it would be pretty easy to justify a five rating.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank TravelerSteve2014
Reviewed 10 September 2017

We've stayed in another B&B in Volcano that we really liked, but decided to try a different place this time. I was really glad we chose Volcano Forest Inn. The rooms are very large and comfortable and we had a huge private patio where we could stare at the stars and listen to the birds. Even though it's just next to the post office and general store, it's set back in the forest enough that you can't tell you're in town, which I loved. We were still able to walk to dinner, just make sure to take a flashlight for the walk back! The people were super friendly and breakfast was simple, but good and very filling. I like that it was a communal table, we got to meet lots of interesting people during our stay and got advice about things to do based on what others had done. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Perfect to visit volcano park
Room spacious and clean surrounded by jungle forest !
Friendly breakfast
Typical and charming
You can have dinner by
Ticket for entrance to the park is available for several days (5 minutes from the hotel)

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple