“Magical, Amazing, Perfect...”
other travellers have booked this property
Kehena Beach only 200 ft away
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Kehena Beach only 200 ft away
King size bed
Serene
Moonshot over kehena bay infront of you
4 person Garden Hot Tub
Eastern Decor
Gated parking
Ganesh sandstone
Bali Door
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Debbie O
New Jersey
“Magical, Amazing, Perfect...”
Reviewed 16 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016

My son and I stayed at the Bali House September 2 through 7, 2016. This house is AMAZING.

Ili and Tim are excellent and responsive hosts. Ili was wonderful as we came immediately after hurricane Madeline and before Lester. We were supposed to arrive September 1, right along with hurricane Madeline. Ili was fantastic, giving me reassurance and advice before we left and immediately refunded our first night's deposit since we had to reschedule our flight and arrival for the next day.

The house and property are wonderful. 30 feet away from a lovely black sand beach. It's a bit of a climb down but not a big issue.

After 15+ hours of travel from the East Coast, my son and I arrived at 10 pm and were greeted by Tim and Ili. We were also greeted by the lovely sounds of the coqui frogs (loved them, just like Rainforest Cafe but real), the sounds of the surf, wonderful smells unique to Hawaii. HEAVENLY.

I chose this house because it's beautiful. I also chose it because of it's location and proximity to many lovely sorkeling areas. In addition to the Kapoho Tide Pools (we didn't go due to the hurricanes and concerns about bacterial counts due to run off from the storms) we went to the Ahalani thermally heated pool (45 minutes away). We were advised by a local person to go to the Champagne Pond (50 minutes away). OMG, this is an absolute MUST. In a gated community so you either park outside of the gate and walk in or I understand you can drive a 4 wheel vehicle to it. BEAUTIFUL. I can't emphasize how wonderful this place was. Heated natural pond with an amazing variety of fish. My favorite spot!

The house is a little over 1 hour from Volcanoes Naitoinal Park, same for Hilo. A great location.

TIPS
Take a right out of the driveway, stay on the road till the end. This brings you to Uncle Roberts. What a terrific local place. My son and I had breakfast there 3 times. VERY GOOD french toast made with Hawaiian sweat bread. They have also created a relatively easy trail through the lava field directly across the street to a newly forming black sand beach. VERY NICE.

HOUSE TIPS
- Geckos - I saw a total of 3. They did not bother us in any way. They were cute and more afraid of us then we were of them..
- Washer/Dryer - Bring your own laundry detergent and fabric softner - not provided but there were 2 bottles of detergent and a small bottle of downy there when we left.
-Soap/Shampoo/Conditioner - Bring your own, not provided. There is an initial set up (small bottles and a small soap).
-Grill - I made the presumption this was a gas grill. It is a charcoal grill. If you want to grill, bring charcoal.
Sunscreen - Ili and Tim have a nice supply in the bathroom. I believe there is also bug spray but I bought my own
-There is no A/C. There are lots and lots of windows and fans. I believe if we hadn't come in between 2 hurricanes, there wouldn't have been any heat/humidity issues what-so-ever (2 of our days were a bit rough). Once the hurricanes passed, there was a lovely breeze and very comfortable temperatures.
-Wi-Fi is weak. No issue for me as I believe in disconnecting and enjoying your surroundings, which is like heaven at the Bali House.

The house has everything you need to have a lovely vacation. There is a dishwasher with plenty of detergent. Salt/Pepper and other spices are there too. Coffee maker and a french press but you need to bring your own coffee.

The downstairs bedroom is really lovely. My son grabbed that immediately. I had the upstairs bedroom...such a beautiful space, as is the entire house. This house has a lot of steps and levels so if stairs are an issue, I'd reconsider. If not, grab this place as it truly is quite lovely. We were very happy here and would definitely come back.

The shower...Bali blue stone. Beautiful, relaxing. Wait till you see it.

As I write this from New Jersey, I hear the crickets outside but in my memory, I hear the coqui frogs and wish I was still at the Bali House.

Thank you Ili and Tim. You're the best!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: This place is truly an experience. Liked best...I LOVED the place!
Liked least: Having a list of things I should bring would have been good like soap/shampoo/conditioner and Laundry stuff. Knowing it was a charcoal grill and to bring that would have been helpful. Otherwise, this place is heavenly
Travelling group: Other
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
23 Sep 2016
Mahalo NUi Lo Dwb for such a wonderful review, we will fix the WIFI issue for right away, but I am so happy the rest of your stay and house was everything you and son hoped for! A Hui Ho!

With much aloha,
shoplift3...
Columbus, Ohio
“A wonderful place to spend our anniversary”
Reviewed 29 October 2014 for a stay in July 2013
person found this review helpful

My wife and I stayed in the Bali House for our tenth anniversary and it couldn't have been better. It's only a few steps across the road to the beach, and if you're open-minded (and not bashful!), I highly recommend you go on Sunday morning.

The area is filled with things to do, and if you don't mind a slightly longer drive you can easily make it to Kona or Mauna Kea for a day trip with little trouble.

It's a little out of the way, but it was so nice to stay in an area not completely overrun with hotels and tourist traps. Everyone we met was welcoming and many had interesting stories to tell.

Overall, Tim and Ili were wonderful hosts, and we hope to visit again soon!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
11 Mar 2015
Mahalo Nui Loa ! We are so humbled and we cannot wait to have you both back again!

With much aloha,
Tim and Ilaihi
AuthorYou...
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
“Exotic, Peaceful and Abundance Natural Beauty all in One Spot!”
Reviewed 23 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014
person found this review helpful

Aloha my friends. Bali House was an unique experience. The feeling of peace, love, and warmth exudes in the gardens and inside the home. Each detail is lovingly integrated. Many good luck blessings, statues, and words are all intended to surround the inhabitants with positive energy.

Bali House is truly exotic, but in a relaxed, peaceful way. The entire visual experience from the beach views to the gardens and the interior decor of the home was beyond my expectations. I traveled 6,500 mile to be here and it was worth every layover! The feeling of staying in Bali House was one with an abundance of peace, nature and welcome. Here you can easily meditate, think, and breathe. Rent a car for exploring all the secret beaches and hidden areas in the locale. Our Hosts were warm, welcoming and responsive! Uncle Roberts market on Wednesday nights was incredibly fun with great food and unique entertainment. Go into Hilo to see the Waterfalls and the Volcano. The House and cottage were clean, well stocked, and we enjoyed the hot tub a few nights. the photos are quite nice, but they can't show the overwhelming feeling of love, and welcome here; and all the beautifully detailed artwork in the home. We fell in love with Bali House and Hawaii, and the two shall be forever mingled together in my memories. ALOHA and Mahalo!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: I loved the views.
Travelling group: Other
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
11 Jun 2014
Mahalo Nui Loa for this amazing review! We cannot wait to have you back and and bring your Ohana next time:)

with all our Aloha, Tim and Iliahi
New Jersey
Reviewed 17 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway
11 Jun 2014
You are too kind! We love hosting you guys and hope you guys return soon!

with much aloha and gratitude!
Texas
Reviewed 13 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway
13 Mar 2014
Aloha Julie and Dave,

Mahalo Nui Loa for your wonderful review. We are so honored to have Hosted you two and cannot wait for guys to return us soon. A Hui Ho!

With all our aloha,
Tim and Iliahi
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing