“Great Place”
other travellers have booked this property
Porch & Front Door Entrance Hallway
Porch & Front Door
Entrance Hallway
Living Room Entertainment HDTV, DVD, & Desk w/ Chair and Poo Viewl
Living Room w/ Newly Installed Wood Laminate Flooring & 2 Newer Sofabeds
Dining Room & Kitchen w/ plent of seating & stainless appliances, & sliding glass door to back deck
Pool View Master Bedroom w/ mini fridge, HDTV, DVD, Alarm Clock Radio, Walk in Closet, Desk & Chair
Master Bathroom with Jacuzzi Bathtub, Waterfall Shower & Dual Sinks
Master Jacuzzi Bathtub
Queen Bedroom w/Remote HDTV, DVD, Alarm Clock Radio, Mini Fridge
Small Boys Bed
Big Boys Bed
Boys Bedroom
Girls Bedroom
Hilo Waterfall (20 min drive)
Coastline Near Pahoa
Puna Black Sand Beach
Pohoiki Thermal Heated Pond (10 min drive)
Big Island Snorkeling & Scuba Diving...Wildlife
Big Island Whale Watching
Short Drive to Volcano Scenic Point
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Vicky A
“Disgraced to Hawaii.”
Reviewed 18 August 2016 for a stay in June 2016
people found this review helpful

From the minute we walked in the house my asthma started up. It smelled like old furniture. The master bedroom had a huge closet where the smell was worst so We kept door closed. The 3 moveable fans were broken but one. Which my daughter & husband used in their room cause they had no ceiling fan. Their room blinds had mildew. All blinds were filthy dusty. Our shower curtain had mildew stains. SO GROSS!!! The other bathroom shower head & below head had mildew stains. Roaches everywhere. Termite shavings in kitchen drawer nightly & therefore had to wash everything in drawers. I actually didn't want to use anything. Oven was filthy which triggered Mama roach to come out when we turned it on. Sink also had mildew behind faucet. Screen door was torn & old duct tape did not seal the tear which a gecko & bugs kept coming in. Kept my slippers on cause it was so filthy. The pool deck had rusty nails sticking up. Patio furniture was run down. Did not have a dryer so had to wait to wash our clothes after back from vacation. Mind you, we stayed there 6 days, 6 people. Ran out of towels cause the smelly closet had towels & we were not going to use. This was thee worst conditions & we have pictures to prove it. Can someone tell me how to post a file from my picture link?
This house can be beautiful if its maintained, FIX EVERTHING NOT DUCT TAPE, (paint to rid smell) & a housekeeper your willing to pay to do a good job. Even the excuse she just got back from vacation is inexcusable for mildew, etc. You should have a backup plan.
YOU NEED TO DO BETTER!!!! SHAME ON YOU FOR US HARD WORKING PEOPLE WANTING A RELAXING VACATION, INSTEAD WE WERE CREEP OUT.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked least: Filthy & unhealthy
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Twinkle B
“Disgusted and embarrassed...”
Reviewed 18 August 2016 for a stay in June 2016

Disgusted and embarassed...

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I would like to leave a review and pictures for this Leilani Estates Property, Pahoa, HI. I would not recommend this property. First of all, the owner never gave us instructions on how to get into the property. I called him when we arrived thinking someone would meet us; he then gave me instructions about the lock box, and also mentioned that the washer was broken from previous tenants and his housekeeper just got back from 2 weeks vacation. OK, so what? A repairman would be coming by to repair the washer and the housekeeper did come in to make sure the place was clean and presentable. #1We are on vacation, we can't stay and wait for this repairman and we don't feel comfortable letting him in with all our valuables there. #2 The house was filthy, smelled of mold, mildew; mold on the bottom of both shower curtains, bugs all over the counter top in the 2nd bathroom 9I guess the housekeeper is still on vacation), masking tape along the edges of the broken/torn sliding screen door, BBQ grill rusted and filled with burnt charcoal from previous tenants, pool deck shaky with rusted nails (scary to walk on for fear you would fall thru), lounging chairs dirty with mold and torn seats, stove and oven filthy not to mention pots/pans very limited-Teflon pots scraped on the bottom, not safe to cook in, rice pot insert but no electrical unit to cook in, kitchen drawers filled with termite shavings. These are just a few major disgusting problems. I would not let my ohana stay here again even if the offer was to give us a discount at our next stay. My other family members stayed at beautiful places and fortunately for us they shared their facilities with us. We were there for a family reunion, I was embarrassed to tell or show our accomodations to the rest of the family seeing their facility had an album of beautiful pictures of the area, suggestions of things to see and restaurants/stores in the area and accommodations for 4 to 8 people (ours says 16 but due to change of plans, we only had 6). The reason I got a place with a pool is so we could all have a BBQ together on our last day. Yes I did get my deposit back along with $25 for the inconvenience of the washer but that does not compensate for the embarrassment, and filthy accommodations. I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy. I am not exaggerating, I have pictures to prove it...The other renter (VRBO) is correct in his review, no exaggeration, I lived it and had to face the embarrassment with my Ohana. I am also a local, Oahu, HI. I should have visited the place before our stay, June 22 thru June 28. For those that aren't able to do so, reviews like this are important so you don't face what my Ohana (family) had to face; so embarrassing for me. Also be sure to get the insurance and booking from VRBO/Home.away/Tripadvisor so you are guaranteed to be reimbursed for bad accommodations. Because of a cancellation and misunderstanding, my booking was voided. That was probably an omen; now I know why the owner told me not to worry, he would confirm and guarantee the booking, just send the balance thru Paypal. Live and learn....Don't do it. The owner has offered me $ compensation after future bookings, well I guess that's not going to happen because after this review, no one will rent his facility. Again, I have pictures to prove it....

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?

Travellers are raving about these Pahoa hotels

CA
Reviewed 20 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013

ok
Reviewed 2 June 2013 for a stay in May 2013

Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
AZ, USA)
Reviewed 1 April 2013 for a stay in January 2013

Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing