“eden on earth”
other travellers have booked this property
Upgraded brand new Full Size front load washer and dryer!  No need to walk down to the laundry room!
We welcome you into our newly remodeled home in Hawaii. Updated Kitchen boasts brand new Stainless Steel appliances and ample room!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
We welcome you into our newly remodeled home in Hawaii.
Updated Kitchen boasts brand new Stainless Steel appliances and ample room!
We added a built in desk area to do work, check emails, or write letters home!
Turtles frequent the Punalu'u Black Sand Beach
Historic Black Sand Beach, the first landfall  of Polynesian colonists
Living room features a Queen size Johnathan Louis sleeper sofa, TV with a Wii & video games!
New King size platform bed with storage underneath if you plan to stay a while!
New bathroom with natural Slate floors and a large walk in shower
Linens & towels provided. Each cleaning will provide you with eco-friendly guest amenities.
Natural Slate walk-in shower
Watch the sky turn colors at sunrise from the lanai
'peek a boo' ocean view from the lanai
We have ample seating on the lanai, a small bar table and a full size patio table for all to enjoy!
Hawaii Green Geckos are a frequent visitor on the lanai
Sea Mountain at Colony 1 from the lower road to the golf course at sunrise!
the entire complex overlooks the golf course out to the ocean
Salt water swimming pool is refreshing in the middle of the day
lava hot tub overlooks the ocean
sign from the highway at sunrise
...just sit back, relax, and take in the beauty of Hawaii
The 'Ninole Loop Road' is a 3 mile 'loop' that is great for a morning run
mountain view walking back up from beach.  Golf Course up on hill.
Colony 1 grounds
Golf Course features 6,416 yards of golf from the longest tees for a par of 72
Play a round of golf at the course which surrounds Colony 1
Punalu'u Black Sand Beach is a short walk from the condo
take a walk to the Punalu'u Black Sand Beach
Historical pond at Punalu'u
relax on the beach during your stay
Black Sand beach across from golf course 'Koloa Bay'
Offering at the ancient Heiau 'Kaieie', near Colony One
from the highway
local Punaluu Bake shop offers pastries, ice cream, coffee, lunch and the most amazing bread
Hawaiian sweet bread baked locally at Punaluu Bake Shop
Local bands play every day at the Punaluu Bakery!!  Sit back, Sip coffee and enjoy a malasada!
South Point is a popular spot for cliff diving when the seas are calm
South Point, the most southern point in the USA.  A great spot to sit and watch the sunset!!
Hana Hou, local grind - Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner & Desserts!
Wind turbins at South Point
Green Sand beach
Scuba dive & Snorkel at Place of Refuge (approx. 45 min. drive)
Place of Refuge diving
Overlooking the land towards Punaluu Black Sand Beach from Naalehu.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

aix en provence
“eden on earth”
Reviewed 29 April 2013 for a stay in February 2013
person found this review helpful

nothing else to say : perfect place, perfect condo, clean, pretty, with everything you may need and more, the most sweetest bed, quiet place, just across the beach and the turttles. For our next stay in Hawaii, I just hope stay here again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: everything
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Avec mon époux(se) / partenaire
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Switzerland
Reviewed 14 January 2013 for a stay in January 2013

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Topher021...
Edmond, Oklahoma
“If I could give it a 4.5 I would.”
Reviewed 24 May 2012 for a stay in May 2012
people found this review helpful

I kept going back and forth between four and five stars, but in the end I settled on four. Overall I would stay here again, and I have already recommended it to friends and relatives. I would go on and on about all the things that were great about the condo, the quiet, the cleanliness, the location, the comfort, but I when I come to TripAdvisor, I'm looking for a true critique not a love fest.

First, in the bedroom, the curtains were a little thin for my taste. At night it was very bright thanks to the pathway lights that are a few feet from the window. It definitely gave it a tropical feel, just at the expense privacy.

Second, and this is just nitpicking, was the kitchen. Functional wise I have absolutely nothing bad to say. It had every appliance you could want, with all the utensils, pots, and pans of a fully furnished home. My only real complaint here was that they set the bar so high with the rest of the condo, that the kitchen was honestly just a little ho-hum. Sounds stupid I know but like I said nitpicking.

Finally, the wifi. I don't know if the wifi is provided by this unit directly, or if it's the entire complex, but either way it was pretty pitiful. I was using my time in the peaceful south end of the big island to write, and I need the internet for research. Most of the time I was subjected to using my phone's hotspot, due to the fact that I was constantly being booted, and when I was connected it was slower than the old 56k that I used in middle school.

Other than those three things, this is an amazing find.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The peace and quiet
Liked least: The unpredictable wi-fi
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
CO
Reviewed 26 April 2012 for a stay in March 2012

CA
Reviewed 22 April 2012 for a stay in April 2012
person found this review helpful

Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing