“awesome Pastries”

Mountain View Bakery
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Mountain View
Reviewed 29 August 2017

Wow! i was so early around 8am in the morning and they were already out of pastries and pies... they were fresh and stone cookies are so good!

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

I love mountain view bakery. Take the mountain view village road to the yellow building, get there early they run out fast. They have simply the best pastries I've ever eaten. Soft, tender melt in your mouth. Filled with just the right amount of goodness. Blueberry is my favorite. Try it you will not be disappointed. The pies and stone cookies are great too.

Reviewed 21 July 2017

I drive pass mt. view everyday for YEARS and didn't know about this little bakery shop! You actually have to turn off the main highway to find this place, so its not exactly out in the open.

I am so glad a friend told me about it because they have the BEST bakery goods in the area (maybe even on the island). Ever since I found out about them I go at least once a month (sometimes more).

It seems like they always have different flavored bakery goods available - depending on what they have, so the bakery stock can change day to day.

TIP: Go early, because they usually run out of bakery goods EARLY. I am pretty sure they open at 6:30am. One time I went at 9:30am and everything was gone. Even when they sell out of bakery goods, they stay open to sell their famous "Stone Cookies".

Reviewed 15 July 2017

We were driving from Puna area over to Southpoint, and needed some coffee. I looked on google maps, and this little bakery popped up, so we decided to take the chance and see if they had our daily dose of caffeine. They do have coffee (basic, not bad, but nothing special) but we had some of the BEST donuts we've ever tasted! They were perfect! I don't even really like donuts all that much. If you're driving from Hilo side over to the National Park or Southpoint, I highly recommend stopping here for a pastry. They all looked great, especially the donut!

Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

Mt View Bakery offers the best danishes on the island---maybe even in the State. Sweet, buttery, soft heavenly treats come with cherries, chocolate
chips, plain, etc.
I like their stone cookies too but I can see how not everyone will like them. They're thicker and harder than your average cookie and not as sweet. It's the perfect snack with coffee or tea.