“Really enjoyed the entire experience”

Hula Daddy Kona Coffee
Ranked #1 of 18 things to do in Holualoa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Hula Daddy Kona Coffee is the winner of the 2016 Kona Coffee Cupping Competition and the 2015 Hawaii Cupping Competition. Hula Daddy sells roasted coffee beans that have been grown on its own plantation. We offer coffee tasting, farm tours and roasting demonstrations by advance reservation only.
Reviewed 1 April 2012

My DH stopped drinking coffee awhile back and thoroughly loved the tour and coffee! We stopped for a tour one day, then checked with family to see what they might want, and went back another day to buy. It was great to have the option to buy coffee beans that were being roasted right then! And we were fascinated by their clock tower too-very interesting! I fully recommend Hula Daddy to anyone who has at least a passing interest in coffee and/or it's growing process and production. I had never heard of a peaberry before, now I know!

Karen P, Owner at Hula Daddy Kona Coffee, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

Aloha We are so glad you stopped and took the tour. We are honored that you came back again. We hope you come back on your next trip to the Big Island. Mahalo Karen

Reviewed 31 March 2012

We were the only ones there. Had our own private tour. We learned so much about the coffee process. Had a few great samples and had to buy some amazing coffee. Everyone should stop in.

Karen P, Owner at Hula Daddy Kona Coffee, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2012

Thank you for your kind review. We enjoyed your visit and hope that you return soon. Karen

Reviewed 31 March 2012

We stopped by for a tour of the coffee farm based on Tripadvisor reviews. We had a very accommodating tour quide for just the four of us. Our guide answered all the numerous questions my sister and I had as we are avid gardeners back home in Canada and were so curious about how gargening differed in Hawaii. The coffee was very full bodied and flavorful and we were treated to the top quality coffees for tasting.

1  Thank CountryHills
Karen P, Owner at Hula Daddy Kona Coffee, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

Aloha Thank you for visiting us. We hope you return soon. Mahalo Karen

Reviewed 29 March 2012

Welcoming sincere fun tour. You learn all about Kona coffee and its production.
The place is immaculate .Try the lip balm with coffee extract it feels great! A bit hard to find .
I would love to work at Hula Daddy's when I retire!

Karen P, Owner at Hula Daddy Kona Coffee, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2012

Aloah Thank you for your wonderful review. We are so glad you had a good time. We look forward to your going to work for us - we are always looking for coffee lovers. Mahalo Karen

Reviewed 29 March 2012

5 stars if you drink coffee, 4.5 stars if you don't

Lauren gave an educational and sincere tour through their family plantation, expaining techniques, weather and history along the way. She explained the roasting process while the group stood by--the aroma was as powerful as the view.

I drink coffee so this was special. Very educational. Coffee tasting makes me want to be a mail order customer--there's only so much I could carry away.

Aloah Steve We are so glad you enjoyed the tour. Thank you for your review. We hope that you come see us again on your next trip to Kona. Karen