“Simply amazing.”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Leonard S
Edmonton, Canada
“Simply amazing.”
Reviewed 28 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017

It's hard to describe just how beautiful this place is. The pictures don't do it justice. It is simply breathtaking. The unit is (again, deceptive from the pictures) nearly new, and is open and airy and has everything you need, including laundry. Hilo is a short drive away and a beautiful scenic drive is minutes away. It's really quite perfect, particularly when you consider the price. I would suggest you arrive during daylight as the road leading to the property is quite narrow, also follow Karen's directions not Google's as Google will try leading you down a road that is actually closed. Speaking of Karen, the owners of the property are really wonderful people (we got in much later than planned and Karen brought us dinner) who are rightfully proud of the beautiful haven they have created. We'd go back in a heartbeat.

Management Response
31 Jan 2017
It was so nice meeting you and talking garden talk, hope you can stay longer next time. I know it is never long enough, in paradise.
justme974...
Coos Bay
“Home Sweet Home”
Reviewed 1 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016

OMG . It was my first time to Hawaii - and hopefully not my last. First off Karen and Tim are amazing! I felt like we knew them forever. Very friendly and helpful. We were greeted with smiles and Aloha's. The home is so cozy and homey. The deck is the best spot. I enjoyed my early morning coffee and late night drink on it. Enjoyed the gecko's who scurried across it every now and then. Now, the birds in the bamboo were just amazing. The colors and sounds sparked so much joy inside of me. I just dont know if words can really express the true feelings of joy i have for this place. I consider it home. The farm animals were a joy too. I learned that horses love pineapple - and i also learned that pineapple does not grow off of a tree! The fresh fruits and garden areas were a great learning adventure too. The sites of Hilo are great. I enjoyed zip lines and snorkeling too. (Karen, you need to get those videos created) Karen was great at sharing hidden gems that Hilo has to offer. From the bottom of my heart - Ma-halo!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The feeling of home and fresh fruits.
Liked least: Nothing really - the sticky heat was even nice.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
blacky101
“Best relaxed accommodation ever”
Reviewed 5 May 2016 for a stay in April 2016

My family and I had a wonderful time staying with Tim and Helen. That are wonderful hosts. Very relaxed and happy to answer any questions. They made our children feel relaxed. I will definitely recommend their accommodation to others and will stay there again, only for a longer period.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Management Response
6 May 2016
It was great having you. Your boys were a lot of fun, and very good boys. Hope you come back soon, or later.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing