“Professional and fun”

KapohoKine Adventures
Ranked #1 of 37 Shopping in Hilo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Bringing the BEST of Hawaii to YOUR adventure! KapohoKine Adventures carries the brands you want like Keen and Salomon shoes, Patagonia rain jackets, and GoPro cameras and accessories. Our downtown Hilo store is an adventure hub. Check out our helicopter, zipline, and volcano tours. We also offer unique tours combining helicopter flights plus zipline and volcano adventures.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Every staff member was great. Got our money’s worth with 8 zip lines. I would highly recommend going with them.

Date of experience: April 2018
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Write a ReviewReviews (2,652)
All reviews
in 33 reviews
"green sea turtles"
in 29 reviews

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Would do it again in a heart beat. Amazing crew and great knowledge about the area - really made it fun

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Great adventure! I highly recommend to all. Staff made sure we were will taken care of and I felt safe. This was more fun than expected and I look forward to doing it again!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Our tour guide Henry was amazing. Super knowledgeable and very passionate about the science of the formation of the big island. We landed in Hilo and our van was on time. We had an athletic group that was Adventurous, so Henry squeezed in as many sites as possible, including an additional 1.2 mile hike to see petroglyphs. Very cool. The weather was threatening, but we caught so many breaks and avoided rain. The most spectacular part of the day was the finale, when we were pleasantly surprised by more than just a glow. We saw a lava rim come to the surface and spatter/boil over. It was spectacular. We even got to Hilo in time to catch the last flight of the day back to Honolulu. I can't say enough about how intelligent, interesting, engaging, and accommodating our tour guide was. The sites along the 5 mile hike were fantastic too. I'd recommend this to anyone that loves nature and can handle a decent workout.

See more reviews
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

This day was the highlight of my trip to the Big Island. I dont normally do tours but I highly recommend this one if you dont have much time, as you are able to get up close to experience and feel the heat of the lava breakouts and later visit the Kilauea Visitor Centre and the main viewing area at night. The tour also drives you closer to the lava fields than others which minimises walking on a hot day. The trek was a bit of work but good fun. I really recommend going with a guide as it can be dangerous and we had a great guide in Ken who knew where and what to look out for. Ken was also a great story teller and an encyclopedia of knowledge on history, geology and local culture and traditions. We also had a great BBQ dinner and a wine tasting at a local winery so all up and amazing day!

PS - Sorry for not posting this earlier but i still remember this memorable trip even after a few months! Please pass on my appreciation to Ken.

Date of experience: February 2018