“Great meal”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

Stopped by before goi g back over the hill to kona. Great food and service. This goes on the list to visit next time we are in Hawaii

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed 27 August 2017

Certain ethnic foods like Italian or Mexican don't always translate well in Hawaii. And why should they? They often end up being some kind of weird fusion situation. But Cafe Concerto is real Italian all the way. Husband had a great four cheese pasta. I had a summer spaghetti that was good but too garlicky for my taste. You will need to sit outside in the small but charming courtyard because the interior is very hot from the kitchen. Be sure to take them up on the coconut digestivo at the end of the meal -- it's delish.

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank studying4vacation
Reviewed 21 August 2017

Went out for a birthday dinner. Wanted to real Italian food so we came here. It's a very small hole in the wall kinda place. I ordered the lobster ravioli. Well I got 4 pieces and it tasted like the ravioli was actually won ton pi. Food was awful, never ever again. Went right down the road to Burger King after.

Date of visit: October 2016
2  Thank Purdigerl
Reviewed 17 April 2017

Have wanted to try this restaurant for a while and went here pre-theatre at the University. Loved the quiet, low key atmosphere - you almost feel like you're in Italy - and the food was ALMOST perfect! We started with the Caprese Salad for four. Nice, subtle basalmic vinegar dressing with lots of greens, but where was the basil? Friends ordered Ravioli with Ragu Sauce and Ravioli con Gorgonzola - which they loved. I ordered the Vongole Angel Hair Pasta. Sauce was nice, but the clams were really tough - so disappointed! I am willing to try this place again and order something different. The service was efficient and friendly and overall a very nice experience. Note: they don't serve wine, but you can BYOB...

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 26 February 2017

I was craving some Italian food and decided to give this place I try. This place is not marked well and not easy to see/find from the road. Parking is in short supply, I had to park quite a ways away. Upon arrival I was asked if I had a reservation, which I did not. There were plenty of open tables in the super small space and was provided a table right by the entrance. I ordered the Ravioli Con Gorgonzola and it was decent tasting, but such a small portion size and the two slivers of bread that come with it are laughable. I ordered the tiramisu for dessert and it and the whole plate were blasted in cocoa and the bottom was over drenched and soggy. Service was not the friendliest, but passable. I would not stop here again in my travels on the Big Island.

Date of visit: February 2017