All reviewsnew ownershot springspleasant staymineralsfloaties
Reviewed 24 December 2017

My sons and I were traveling cross country with our Ford Ranger and a tag-a-long canned ham trailer that we had rebuilt. Jay was looking through a travel guide and saw there were hot springs in Thermopolis. We headed north off route 20 and came across Fountain of youth RV park, spent the next 2 nights there, it was incredible. The people, other RV'rs were so open, relaxed and engaging. We had our moment to tell our travel story and listened to others, shared beer and some roast chicken as well. The hot springs, the stage, the beautiful sky were all worth it, something to put down as a win in the bucket list. I highly recommend a trip to Fountain of Youth, make it something on your bucket list, if nothing else, the surrounding area, beautiful scenery, rivers and people will leave you with a good feeling, not to mention the chill you'll get from the hot springs,way cool.

Room Tip: this is a BOB, bring your own bed
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights in Thermopolis at this RV park and wished I had only paid for 1 in advance. It is an extremely run down and OLD RV park in need of a lot of repairs. I read a few negative reviews that stated this, but when it said under new ownership as of April 2017, I was hoping that they would have made some improvements. However, it sure doesn't look like they have done much at all in the past 5 months. Especially for $42 a night for full hookups, with horrible wifi.
When we arrived, I went to the office to check in and the lady was on the other side of the property cutting tree limbs. She checked me in with virtually no conversation... When I went back later to ask a couple of questions, there was another note on the door saying "Check back later". The fire pit and hookups are in really inconvenient places and the space itself was overgrown and covered with leaves, limbs and cigarette butts. It was a pull through site, but upon exiting we had to go out the wrong way just to be able to make the turn. Almost took a tree out that is in a horrible position.

We walked around the park, and noticed that the hot springs (pool) was covered in a white scum, which I am sure has to do with the minerals in the water.... we decided to drive to the state park in town and use the free pools at the State Bath House which were pristine. There were pieces of wood and warped pvc pipes sticking out of the pool. Every picnic table and wooden chair were warped, falling apart, and needed a good coat of paint. The showers were a little scary. The laundromat had 4 broken dryers and 1 that worked. And only 2 working washers. When I went to ask the lady in the office about a place to rent movies, she said, "I really don't know. I rarely ever go into town." What????

Thermopolis is a cool little town, and the shop owners were all extremely chatty and friendly and welcoming. The 2nd day we had lunch in town and then did drive out to Legend Rock to see the petroglyphs. It rained all night and we were happy to leave the next day.

I would say, stay somewhere else if you can.... it is do-able, but I don't think the new owners have the finances to upgrade this park like it needs. Just guessing.... but if they haven't fixed dryers and washers in 5 months, then what are they doing????
Oh, and a railroad track runs parallel with the park with trains going by several times daily and during the night.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank RozGarland
Reviewed 21 September 2017

In all fairness to the Park, it is under new ownership and there is lots of work to be done. If they follow through with their plans think this could be an amazing RV park. They do have the hot spring pools which were relaxing and therapeutic. We were there over eclipse weekend as well, so the new owner did up the price, and since we needed a place to stay, didn't argue the point. If some one is to visit Thermopolis and it's not a busy season, would be worth checking Fountain of Youth RV Park to see if improvements have been made because it is a nice location.

Room Tip: again this isn't a hotel, guess they have some 'rooms' but didn't see those
Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2017

I was here 9 nights in August 2017 in tent with my wife. After couple nights, we decided extent our stay for 7 nights. Owner responded that our campsite is booked for weekend, and there are no sites available, since it is eclipse weekend, but promise to find spot for us. On Friday, we clean our site, and left only tent, as owner gave us permission. We Moved everything from our table, park car out of site, take dinner out of site, and start wait for somebody, who booked our site long time ago. Night passed, nobody came. I went through property in the morning, and count 12 RV sites unoccupied, and plenty space for tents. I don't know what the reason has owner to lie us about occupancy. In few days owner sold our site to second customer, so it was two customers on one site. When I complained to owner, she said that we can get our money back. So we got refund for two remaining nights, and left in the morning.
Paid $25 +tax per night for first 4 nights, and $35+tax per night till we left. Now about campsite.
Everything on property looks old, and require repair or replacement.

The is no mirror in man rest room, was not toilet paper one morning, and my wife told me that her restroom did not have toilet paper once. It is railroad about 15-50 yards from campsites, and few trains per day(night). You can enjoy train by watching it at day time, or listen(and feel it at night). It is highway on the other property side, with cars and trucks running day and night constantly. WiFi does not work sometimes, or extremely slow. It is hot pool with natural hot spring on the property, and it is nice.

Room Tip: Do not trust hotel's owner
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2017

We called and made a reservation at a price of $35/night. Upon showing up, the new owners charged us double without ever contacting us, and told us there were no cancellations allowed. They claimed they did not have our contact info to tell us about the huge price increase. We pointed out that because we weren't contacted, that they should honor the price we were told and budgeted for. They wouldn't budge and showed terrible customer service. We were planning on staying two nights, but after trying to talk to the owners about the price change, they gave us our money back for the second day and pointedly told us checkout was at 1pm the next day, effectively kicking us out a day early. I would never stay here again after the way we were treated.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family