“Poor same thing”

Wyoming Dinosaur Center
Ranked #2 of 14 things to do in Thermopolis
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Wyoming Dinosaur Center displays over 58 mounted skeletons, hundreds of displays and dioramas, a preparation lab with visitor viewing and active dig sites. Take a one of a kind tour to an actual dig site and see dinosaur bones preserved in the ground. Go on an adventure and participate in our Dig for the Day program. This program is for families and individuals. There are no age restrictions however children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. We also offer a Shovel Ready dig for an afternoon of fun.
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I really like this place but it's the same thing everytime I go there there is nothing new and it gets so boaring going there now please update that place so that there is more thing to do or look at

All reviews
"an amazing experience"
"all ages"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were on a cross country trip with our 1 year old. I made us stop at this museum because I remembered it from when I was very young. It lived up to my memories. Great full sized dinosaur exhibits. The dog site tours weren't running, and we do wish we could have gone on one of these. Would highly recommend. If you are coming from the Riverton area, the drive up is lovely.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

I volunteer at a museum and I found this place to be a treasure! Don't let the warehouse look fool you! The exhibits are great!! Take the time to stop!

1  Thank Sandy G
WYDinoCenter, Public Relations Manager at Wyoming Dinosaur Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Thank you, Trackerhun!

Yes, our building isn't the most spectacular to behold, but its what inside that counts - and we have some pretty amazing fossil treasures. Thank you for sharing your enjoyment. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Took my grandkids to visit when they were here. The had so much fun and the staff was great to explain and show them so much. They can't wait to come back and go again

See more reviews
Reviewed 28 February 2018

Such a cool museum! It's super well-organized, with fossils grouped together by type of organism with informative individual labels on each fossil (I personally enjoyed some of the goofy titles). Unlike some other museums, it directs you in one direction so you don't have to keep backtracking. The main room is enormous, full of dinosaur and other fossils. These exhibits are also well-labeled, including exhibits on fossil pathology and fossil formation. I wandered around for a couple hours looking at each exhibit. An awesome museum, will definitely make a trip to visit again someday.