Open today: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Review Highlights
First thing to do!!

We went here for the first thing to do on our honeymoon and we were not disappointed. The gift shop... read more

Reviewed today
702katyr
via mobile
Awesome!

This is a great stop for dinosaur fans. The natural history presentations are excellent as are the... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
wildfloweroftheWest
the West

All reviews dig site dinosaur bones gift shop on display real fossils great displays t rex excellent museum fossil collection natural history small town amazing collection an amazing experience all ages well worth the trip hot springs lab
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were on a cross country trip with our 1 year old. I made us stop at this museum because I remembered it from when I was very young. It lived up to my memories. Great full sized dinosaur exhibits. The dog site tours weren't running, and we do wish we could have gone on one of these. Would highly recommend. If you are coming from the Riverton area, the drive up is lovely.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 16 March 2018

I volunteer at a museum and I found this place to be a treasure! Don't let the warehouse look fool you! The exhibits are great!! Take the time to stop!

Date of experience: May 2017
1  Thank Trackerhun
WYDinoCenter, Public Relations Manager at Wyoming Dinosaur Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Thank you, Trackerhun!

Yes, our building isn't the most spectacular to behold, but its what inside that counts - and we have some pretty amazing fossil treasures. Thank you for sharing your enjoyment. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Took my grandkids to visit when they were here. The had so much fun and the staff was great to explain and show them so much. They can't wait to come back and go again

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed 28 February 2018

Such a cool museum! It's super well-organized, with fossils grouped together by type of organism with informative individual labels on each fossil (I personally enjoyed some of the goofy titles). Unlike some other museums, it directs you in one direction so you don't have to keep backtracking. The main room is enormous, full of dinosaur and other fossils. These exhibits are also well-labeled, including exhibits on fossil pathology and fossil formation. I wandered around for a couple hours looking at each exhibit. An awesome museum, will definitely make a trip to visit again someday.

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed 9 February 2018

There is so much more than just info and pictures! There are fossils for everything in this museum, I have never seen so many fossils at one time! The staff is great and one of the paleontologists even came out from behind the glass where they work on fossils to give my four children a lesson and to give them small pieces of fossils! The gift shop is amazing as well! Beautiful fossils for sale from $10 all the way to $20,000! It is a place I will visit every time I am in the area! MUST SEE!!!

Date of experience: October 2017