Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in great prices from these sites
USD 113
View deal
Expedia.comUSD 113
PricelineUSD 113
Hotels.comUSD 113
FindHotelUSD 113
TravelocityUSD 113
Agoda.comUSD 113
All reviews nice shower shared bathroom ribs trout great cabin fire pit whetstone park tetons josh cozy lodging folks wildlife gtnp
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 October 2020

This motel is in a nice location, but the rest is probably below average. The room was close to $300 after taxes, but did not include a simple coffee pot (covid is no excuse). Bathroom had a stone floor that needed a good cleaning. There were several little maintenance issues that didn't meet a $300/night expectation. Photographers beware, there are very few outlets to plug in battery charges.

Date of stay: October 2020
Reviewed 12 October 2020 via mobile

We stayed at the Hatchet Resort on our way to the Tetons. We stayed in their Hostel rooms. Three rooms with a shared bathroom. We had the whole floor as there were five in our party. You can see the Tetons from outside and a beautiful view from the restaurant. We enjoyed our stay. It was clean and they followed Covid guidelines for masks etc.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank SandyMinnesota
Reviewed 14 September 2020

With all this new found free time I have working from home, I have been able to stop into the Whetstone restaurant a few times this summer and all of my experiences have been great: the staff is always friendly and the food is always good. That being said, the experiences of the employees has seemingly been absolutely horrible, and I felt that a review needed to be left for these poor girls who are dealing with the absolute worst creatures on the planet: the general public.

I have seen some ridiculous interactions in the hospitality industry, having worked in it myself, but nothing compared to this year. In my stops at the restaurant I have seen the manager have a drink thrown at her, the hostesses be yelled at about guests having to wear masks (the genius questions like "How are we suppose to eat with masks on?"), waitresses getting berated about COVID and the restaurants protocols, arguing about not turning the firepit on during a FIRE BAN, etc.....its out of this world to watch. The other day I saw a woman have to be escorted out by a local officer because her behavior was so terrible. And after reading these reviews, I've come to the conclusion that most of the bad ones were left by horrible people. My service has always been friendly and prompt, and if its ever been less than speedy or overly attentive its because the place has been SLAMMED. What people don't seem to realize is that this is the ONLY decent restaurant north of Jackson (aside from Turpin which is reservation only for dinner and Dornans which is only doing take out currently) and that they are doing everything they can to keep up.

So anyway, my point is, if you're reading the previous reviews, take them with a grain of salt: the girls are incredibly friendly and the food is pretty good. These guys have dealt with so many awful awful people, so simply put if you're nice then you'll get that in return.

1  Thank cheeseburgerlillian
Reviewed 7 September 2020

In a most challenging year (Covid-19) our group of Corvette touring folks planned to spend a week seeing GTNP & YNP. Before the parks were shut down to lodging, we selected Hatchet to host our group. We have just finished our week long stay and after 1 year of planning, we could not be happier. The staff was superb; food was extraordinary and details to our safety were above expectations.

We knew that this was not a Hyatt 5 star with AC etc, but nor did we expect that. You see all the places with AC etc are closed. The ONLY regret we had, was having to leave after 7 nights. We are a friendly and warm group and always try to see things from the other side. The team at Hatchet would cheerfully make changes for our guests who had dietary restrictions and made our lunches to-go, so we could eat on the road when in YNP. Wanting to leave at 5 am to go to Hayden Valley for wildlife viewing, Hatchet made our breakfast burritos to-go. We got to see Wolf, Elk, Bear Cubs & Moose on our trip.

We loved the history of the Hatchet and what they have done to preserve the land for nature and wildlife instead of selling out to another multi story sterile hotel. As far as rates, they were more than reasonable for what we received. Future visitors should familiarize themselves with rates in this attraction before being so critical. While an exceptional place, just check out what Jackson Lake Lodge charges!

Finally, the best testament to Hatchet is will our touring group return? Simply said - "you bet!" Hatchet has my permission to give out my contact info for those that wish more details on our group visit - think I would do that if I was not a happy camper?

Room tip: Tell them what youe are looking for first.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank ColoradoCorvetteTour
Reviewed 20 August 2020

Most overpriced room I've ever stayed in for what you get. $150/night for a room that was so small I didn't have room to put my bags down and still walk around in the room. Plus, the room was 20' from the highway, so I could hear cars whizzing by at 70mph all day and all night. The breakfast staff, specifically the hostess and the woman running the register, were some of the unfriendliest waist staff I've ever dealt with. I used to work for Vail at Grand Teton NP, I get it, rich tourists suck. I was camping in national forest and it rained for a night, so I wanted a hot shower and a dry place to sleep. Big mistake. Waste of money. Food is also garbage. I will say the waitresses at night were friendly, but the food wasn't any better. Also no AC, so the room was hot as hell.

Room tip: just don't