“Best Sushi (and Sushi value) in Laramie”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Sushi Boat

Sushi Boat
Ranked #30 of 108 Restaurants in Laramie
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Korean
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Laramie, WY
“Best Sushi (and Sushi value) in Laramie”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

This is the ugliest restaurant in town. Seriously. But the sushi is the best and by far the best value in town. We have an upscale (and more expensive) sushi restaurant just up 3rd street in downtown to remain nameless that cannot compete for quality/taste/value/service with the Sushi Boat. Hit up Sushi Boat for lunch and take advantage of ridiculously great specials on fresh, tasty, and well-prepared sushi - you will not be disappointed, and will not go back downtown.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank WyoDoc

Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“First time here and very happy about it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

Honestly the best California Roll I've ever had. They didn't just chuck the fake crab in it, they did something to it.... mixed it with some kind of spice or something and made it just amazing.
I also had the beef teriyaki which, because of the complimentary side salad and soup (tasted more like chicken broth than miso, but I don't like miso so not complaining) was a lot of food and I took home half the beef for later.
Also, the green tea ice cream was great.
Also also, they have nice wine.
Overall, not really anything wrong aside from some slowish service on a not-all-that-busy evening.
Very nice staff.

• Visited April 2012
Wyoming
“Best sushi in Laramie, and great Korean dishes too. And right on I-80.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2011

This restaurant is a find! Hidden in an unassuming motel just north of the 3rd Street/US 287 exit on I-80, you could easily miss it except for some small signs saying "Sushi Boat" and "Korean BBQ." But it has the best sushi in Laramie, and also the best on the highway (as far as we know) for the entire length of I-80. Lots of interesting rolls, good chirashizushi, and really, really tasty hot and spicy seafood noodle soup. (A blackboard near the entrance says that the soup is their Saturday special; they knock $2 off the price.) This restaurant's friendliness and interesting food blow away the much more staid Mizu Sushi (further toward downtown Laramie). Must try if you live in Laramie or are crossing Wyoming on I-80.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank ITManager
Sacramento, California
“GREAT service and food when traveling with a family!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2011

The servers there were so friendly and helpful when it came to our two kids! They provided not only my husband and I free miso soup and salad, but gave some to our kids, no questions asked. Our kids, four and six, loved it! The first three "booths" are really unique, and kept the kids entertained as they crawled around them.

The food was delicious also! I had some sushi, while my husband and kids had Japanese and Korean food. My husband had the Bulgogi, and he said we will be coming back to this restaurant next time we are in town. The portions for the kids menu are perfect size, and my sushi filled me up just right! Our server even brought a little dish of ice cream for our children! How sweet!

The restaurant was pretty busy, and it seemed like a lot of college kids were eating there, but the staff handled it very well, and we never saw any strain on our server.

Great job, Sushi Boat! We are hooked!

• Visited June 2011