“Ole!!!”

El Tlaxcalteca
Ranked #92 of 146 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 29 August 2017

A perfect restaurant to end an equally perfect trip to Jackson. Warm, salted chips with a salsa not to hot and just right. Service was excellent, food came quickly, atmosphere both fun and quirky and fit the restaurant. So glad we made it our stop on our way out of town.

Reviewed 25 August 2016

The food was excellent. Prices very reasonable. Family run. They changed the name to Authentic Tijuana which was confusing. Definitely not a fancy place! Good chips and salsa while you are waiting for your food.

Reviewed 20 May 2016

It's been a little while since I've been there, but I miss this restaurant. I find myself comparing all "authentic" Mexican fare to this place. It is fantastic. The service is casual as is the atmosphere. The food is made from scratch and with care which is apparent in every delicious bite.

Reviewed 6 January 2016 via mobile

Now called Los Nopalitos.
Wow! It doesn't look like much but in a way that's adds to its authenticity. I just gave a lukewarm review to a place for its pizole which lacked any chile fire and my usual complaint with Chinese restaurants in the USA is they don't even try for the genuine spices or texture of Zhongguo but this place is the real thing.
When I worked for the Chamber of Commerce, word on the street was this was where the Hispanic population dined, leaving more watered-down "Mexican" restaurants for the tourists. I'm happy I finally tried it. My chili rellenos special for $14 was the spiciest I've ever eaten and I loved it. Like an earlier Mexican restaurant we used to have, who did not offer nachos on the menu, you will not find them here either.
I have to say it again, this is the real deal.

Reviewed 28 December 2015

There are alot of choices in Jackson for "mexican" food this place is the real thing! No tourista wanna be taqueria , yuppies stay at picas , you can't handle it here.