“Feels Pre-Fab and Cold”

White Buffalo Club - Hotel
Ranked #24 of 40 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Title says it. The hotel is clean, but the building feels like it is straight from the factory. What ski hotel does not have a hot tub?

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank snydro1
WBCGM, General Manager at White Buffalo Club - Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2012

I am greatly sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your recent stay. All of our rooms have full air conditioning as well as heat. We do not currently have a hot tub in the building, but as you may not have known, all of our guests do have complimentary access to indoor pool and hot tub nearby. I hope that you had a great time while visiting the area.

Reviewed 4 April 2012

Stayed at the White Buffalo Club in Jackson last August. It was the worst experience I could imagine. First of all, it is a Time Share club that has 'gone bad.' In other words they couldn't sell them so they converted it into a hotel. But they don't really know how to run a hotel. The room carpeting was very dirty. There was no soap in shower. It was set up like a Time Share - no surprise there. There was a plunger dispenser of hair wash in the shower. Ditto for the soap. No hand soap in the wash basin of the bathroom. The windows looking out were filthy. All in all it is in a sad state of repair. I definitely would recommend that you stay someplace else.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Vince L

I am shocked at your review and greatly apologize that your experience at our hotel was not to your liking. I also apologize greatly that you were upset before arriving, at our cancellation policy. Due to Jackson being a destination location with low percentage of last minute bookings, most hotels do not allow cancellations within 48 hours of arrival.

Our facility and staff go to great lengths to make sure that conditions are at the utmost cleanliness and will try to look into why last August your room was not this way. Being a hotel, we have a large amount of supplies for our rooms at hand. I apologize that these items may not have been in your room as that is not normal protocol.

We are a small 17 room Boutique Hotel and do not offer time shares or partial ownership of any kind. All of our rooms do have washer and dryer and some even have full kitchens, so I can see how this may have been confusing.

I hope your travels are well and one day you may give us another chance, as your experience here was not the norm.

Reviewed 14 March 2012

Very well maintained and manged resort. Very nice rooms with king size beds, flat screen TVs, slate and granite bathroooms, etc. Front desk staff were efficient, accessible, and helpful at every opportunity. And, though small and quaint, it has all the important amenities of a large, impersonable hotel, including a top notch restaurant and workout facitities. First class!!!

2  Thank GordonDude
Reviewed 14 March 2012

The WBC has to be the best place to stay in JH. The food is amazing, staff is pleasant and helpful, and the location allows you to walk to restaurants, bars, gaming establishments, and shopping. The work out facility is first rate. I have heard the spa is terrific but since the bar is between the lobby and the spa I never made it. Beds are fantastic and the rooms are spacious and very well appointed. Can't wait to stay there again!

Room Tip: Ask politely.
1  Thank Islndmvr
Reviewed 14 March 2012

I thought the White Buffalo Club was everything and more than I expected.

Staff-at check in was friendly and fast. Harry was super accomodating calling places and asking questions for us. Also found me an urgent care that was open on Saturday because I became ill while there. But the location is one of its best points because you can walk to all the restaurants and shops in Jackson in 5 minutes. Also the fitness center was fabulous. I didn't get a chance to take yoga class, but did take one pilates class that was very good.

Rooms and Bathrooms were large and our double King had a very large soaking tub that was awesome. I also was able to peek in one of the kitchen suites and would definitely upgrade to that next time. Did miss having a mini fridge to keep a few things cold during our stay. Parking garage was an extra nice touch and never had problems with finding parking spot. Beds and linens were nice and very comfortable.

Restaurant was good, but not amazing in my opinion. Truffle fries were greasy and so were the crispy Brussel sprouts served with the trout. The USDA sliders were OK, but were not served with anything (lettuce, onion, garnish?) Macaroni and cheese was pretty dry! Staff at the bar was friendly, and happy hour was nice with 2 for 1's. But they were out of a few things I tried to order and a noticed that happened to a couple other people too.

Only problems we did encounter during our stay was our Dog sledding excursion did not get booked and girl at front desk supposedly left a message, but no message or no missed calls from hotel? If I hadn't gotten ill this would have been an error that would have ruined our trip. So definitely confirm any reservations are in fact confirmed. The way we found out was when we asked the night before what time they were picking us up. Quite a surprise to say the least. Also I had upgraded my massage to a 80 Minute, but I guess massage therapist didn't get notified so I only got 50. So might ask before you start just to make sure you are getting what you want! Massage was very good though, and room was nice.

But overall I would definitely stay there again!