New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of White Buffalo Club - Hotel

White Buffalo Club - Hotel
Ranked #22 of 42 Hotels in Jackson
Oklahoma City
“Perfect Location at a Great Price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

I thought the White Buffalo Club was everything and more than I expected.

Staff-at check in was friendly and fast. Harry was super accomodating calling places and asking questions for us. Also found me an urgent care that was open on Saturday because I became ill while there. But the location is one of its best points because you can walk to all the restaurants and shops in Jackson in 5 minutes. Also the fitness center was fabulous. I didn't get a chance to take yoga class, but did take one pilates class that was very good.

Rooms and Bathrooms were large and our double King had a very large soaking tub that was awesome. I also was able to peek in one of the kitchen suites and would definitely upgrade to that next time. Did miss having a mini fridge to keep a few things cold during our stay. Parking garage was an extra nice touch and never had problems with finding parking spot. Beds and linens were nice and very comfortable.

Restaurant was good, but not amazing in my opinion. Truffle fries were greasy and so were the crispy Brussel sprouts served with the trout. The USDA sliders were OK, but were not served with anything (lettuce, onion, garnish?) Macaroni and cheese was pretty dry! Staff at the bar was friendly, and happy hour was nice with 2 for 1's. But they were out of a few things I tried to order and a noticed that happened to a couple other people too.

Only problems we did encounter during our stay was our Dog sledding excursion did not get booked and girl at front desk supposedly left a message, but no message or no missed calls from hotel? If I hadn't gotten ill this would have been an error that would have ruined our trip. So definitely confirm any reservations are in fact confirmed. The way we found out was when we asked the night before what time they were picking us up. Quite a surprise to say the least. Also I had upgraded my massage to a 80 Minute, but I guess massage therapist didn't get notified so I only got 50. So might ask before you start just to make sure you are getting what you want! Massage was very good though, and room was nice.

But overall I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

Bad parking construction crews taking all parking in the back lot. Asked numerous times if they could have the move so we could park and it never happened.
We ate I the restaurant to eat and the service was horrible the manager was very very rude. It took two hours to get our food then were yelled at because we wanted our check to be split. It was awful.
The rooms are noisy and we actually had to move once be ause the vents were so loud we could not sleep.
We were here with a large group of people and none of us were happy. Spend your money somewhere else this place is not worth it.

• Stayed March 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Janicednel
WBCGM, General Manager at White Buffalo Club - Hotel, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
Thank you for your recent review. I apologize that are parking facility was not up to your standings. Due to being a smaller hotel in downtown Jackson our secure garage can not fit over-sized vehicles. I greatly apologize that the large trailers with your party could not fit in our additional parking lot behind building due to the other vehicles parked in the lot. We try very hard to accommodate every request and apologize that we were unsuccessful this time.

Your feedback in the restaurant is greatly appreciated. We strive here to provide a high standard of customer service and rude behavior by staff is unacceptable. Our Prime Steakhouse located on premises does get very busy and unfortunately does have a policy of not allowing parties greater than six to split checks. This is due to the length of time it takes to accomplish the task. Even though this policy exists, you should never be treated in an off manner and I apologize that the staff came off as such.

Once again thank you for taking the time to write your review as it is always appreciated.
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

My wife and I stayed here at the end of February and absolutely loved it. The staff went above and beyond to be helpful. The staff at the in-house restaurant were all very friendly and they have a great buy one get one free happy hour drink deal. The spa was excellent too. My wife, who is pregnant, got two massages and they were able to accommodate her even with the pregnancy. The room was very nice, big bed, spacious bathroom and closet. Jackson is a small town, and the hotel is only 2 blocks from the main square, so all the big shopping and dining spots are walkable. The only negative, if I had to be nit picky, was that the hotel bar/restaurant didn't open until 5 pm, so no early drinks there. All and all an excellent stay and we highly recommend.

Room Tip: There is construction going on in a nearby lot, so maybe ask for a room that does not face the const...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Breckenridge, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

My visit to the White Buffalo Club was in February for skiing - this is the low season for Jackson. I stayed in a double-king, room 208. Across the hall was an AMAZING suite with its own bar. I understand that each room is unique, so take a look at what they have.

Staff: From the moment I walked in the door, they were incredibly nice & being a small hotel, they were very personable ("You must be Ms Stephens, your friend is in town, I believe.") Check-in/out was friendly and easy.

Parking: Garage access was super easy, space available for my entire stay, free and in & out. They also had 3-hour parking right in front (everywhere in town!) and some overnight parking in the back.

Room & Bath: I was incredibly impressed with the room. There was a small view of Snow King skiing. The beds were incredibly comfortable, similar to what I find at the Marriotts & Hiltons I stay at regularly for work. The large flat-screen tv had many channels to choose from. The bathroom had a walk in separate shower with dispensers full of shampoo, cond., and body wash. The shower was awesome - great pressure! The entire bath was a deep earthy stonework, absolutely beautiful! There was a separate room for the toilet and a separate room in the bath that had an upright washer & dryer!! There were also dispensers for lotion & soap, a full (large) bathtub, hairdryer, coffee maker & tea.

There was a large closet and our room had a long hallway which worked nicely for skis. There was not a lot of drawer space (3-4 drawers), but with a luggage stand & the shelves in the closet, it was no problem for us. The alarm clock was standard (no iPhone dock).

Gym: The gym was incredible - a lot of equipment, areas for stretching & yoga (they have some classes too).

Restaurant: The Cellar Restaurant downstairs was amazing. The food was delicious - we had the beet salad, scallops, truffle fries, and 2 bottles of wine (different nights) - the Malbec from Argentina was divine (and the bartender was very knowledgable to recommend it based on our conversation), and the Sonoma red Zinfandel was just perfect. I would highly recommend visiting the restaurant regardless of whether you stay in the hotel. It has great ambience - the bar was great for me and my friend, there were families and couples, and everyone had a place to have an intimate or open experience. There was also a party room you may want to inquire about.

Location: So convenient! By the corner of Gill & Millward, we were able to walk to all the bars, restaurants, shops, and town square within 5-15 minutes. It was great to park the car after a day on the mountain and walk everywhere!!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank jennibeans
Woodstock, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

Others have written plenty about other aspects of this property...here's something different: This hotel has an agreement with the Homewood Suites located just a few steps away. White Buffalo Club patrons can use Homewood's lap pool and hot tub, and Homewood's patrons can use White Buffalo's fantastic fitness facility. Maintaining your workout regimen away from home can be a hassle, so it was really great to have such a complete facility staffed with smiling faces (and delicious coffee). Dumbbells go up to 85lbs, plenty of Olympic 45s, circuit machines, cable crossover, treadmills, ellipticals, recumbents, etc. Get your lift on and then ride the steeps in JH!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends