My wife and I visited Rusty Parrot for a week in January for some skiing. I decided on booking this hotel based upon the wonderful reviews on Trip Advisor. I really could not have chosen better. The hotel is small, 30 rooms, which allows the staff to make you feel like you are the only guest. It is a 4 diamond AAA rated hotel. The service was truly outstanding, and I have very high expectations. The staff were friendly and helpful from the bellboys to the front desk.
The location of the hotel is decent. No panoramic views, however it is within easy walking distance to most major restaurants and the rest of the town. It is also only 1 block away from the bus line. We didn't rent a car, and frankly didn't need one, unless you want to go looking for animals. Summertime is likely different, as you would probably want to drive around and explore more. They supply a shuttle in Denali 4 wheel drive that takes you to the mountain at 8:45 am and returns at 4pm.
The rooms were clean with a rustic feel, even though the hotel is very new. I found everything to be clean and the bed was ridiculously comfortable. I slept like a rock. I would HIGHLY recommend booking a room with a fireplace and a Jacuzzi. It was so nice to soak after a day on the slopes. We also asked for wine glasses which they happily supplied, and enjoyed a wonderful bottle in the room.
When you return from a day on the slopes they will take your boots and gloves and dry them overnight! The bell-boys will also start your fire for you, they do use a propane blow torch, which is cheating in my opinion, but I'm just splitting hairs.
Do NOT miss breakfast at Wild Sage it is awesome!
There is 24 hour complimentary coffee (Snake River), which was surprisingly very tasty. Snacks are provided on the 2nd floor in the afternoon by the fireplace.
In summary, Outstanding service and value. I look forward to my return visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The standard of the lodge industry, it is located in downtown Jackson, a stroll from all the touristy, but feels almost like country living. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, Wotif.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Odigeo and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rusty Parrot Lodge and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rusty Parrot Hotel Jackson
- Rusty Parrot Jackson
- Rusty Parrot Lodge And Spa Jackson Hole, Wyoming