Rusty Parrot Lodge and Spa
Hotel Jackson(Jackson)
  • Restaurant
Anvil Hotel(Jackson)
View Hotel
All reviewswild gamecookieshot tubteddy bearfiltered watersage restaurantsmall luxury hotelin townjackson holeturn down servicelibrary areaoutdoor deckevery afternoondinner reservationsquiet streetbreakfast and dinnerthird floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Our family just returned from a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend spent at Rusty Parrot. The entire staff is outstanding. They could not be more helpful or knowledgeable about the area. The front desk staff truly wants you to have a great day.
The property has tasteful, understated decor. The hotel is very well located for a stroll into Jackson. I highly recommend a "Wyoming Coffee" for an after dinner treat.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Bradley F
Reviewed 29 November 2011

After mulling over where we wanted to honeymoon, my husband and I opted for a ski vacation to Jackson, Wyoming. My husband wanted to surprise me, so I had no idea where we were staying, but after a long flight from NY we were eager to relax and unwind.

When we pulled up I can't say I was that impressed. The lodge looked small from the outside and was located in a residential area, but close to the town. Boy, were looks deceiving. Right when we walked in, we were greeted by the staff by name and offered fruit, chocolates, coffee and cookies and a seat right in front of the HUGE roaring fire. The staff immediately whisked our bags to our room, offered to light a fire, and took our dinner reservation. As another reviewer noted, while the staff do greet you by name, they have just the right amount of attentive-ness. Not in your face and annoying, but courteous, helpful, gracious, and they will cater to your every whim if need be. We had one of the rooms on the lower level with a hot tub. The bed was very comfortable, albeit the seating area was a bit cramped as the hot tub was located right upon entering the room. I spent a lot of time in our room soaking in the tub, but there is also a rooftop hot tub which was lovely at night with the snow falling around us.

The lodge is close to town so we were able to walk around during the day or get a drink at night. We pretty much ate at the on-site restaurant, Wild Sage, where the food was fabulous and the ambiance cozy and intimate. And what I mean by that, is that there are only about 6 tables so you can eat in peace and never feel rushed. The food was fantastic. One night we had lamb chops and they are still the best we have ever had and we're from NY and have lots of opportunity to have delicious (and overpriced) meals. The breakfasts were also amazing and the afternoon cookies and coffee were decadent and really hit the spot after a day of skiing.

We did use the spa there and again, our massages were second to none. After an insane day of skiing, I felt like a new person! I should also mention what a nice touch the turn down service is. Each night there was card or stationary with a whimsical little poem and some chocolates. And ladies in case you're wondering, they use L'Occitane Lemon Verbena toiletries and refresh your supply daily.

We did quite a bit of sight-seeing while we were there: saw the Elk refuge, drove to Yellowstone, saw a couple ice hockey games. We actually did not ski at Jackson Hole, but instead went to Grand Targhee, which we really enjoyed. We also did some hiking and snowshoing around the Tetons. The Rusty Parrot was amazing and really made our honeymoon special. We hope to go back in the Spring/Summer so we can see the town when it's not completely covered in white!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
6  Thank NewsgirlNYC
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Any comments or suggestions I would have really don't matter because this place has such excellent service. They are not in your face, but available, friendly, discreet and go the extra mile. A comfortable setting a very easy walk away from what might become a cheesy downtown Jackson. We found this the perfect base for our travels around the valley. Yes, I'd like to see a few changes but really their service trumps!!! This is the spot to pick when in Jackson!

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 19 November 2011

The other reviews say it better than I can so I won't repeat everything, but the staff makes the Rusty Parrot special. I've stayed at hotels all over the world and this group really stands out. The room was nice and the view nothing special, but the restaurant is tremendous. Definitely eat there for dinner.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris G
Reviewed 6 November 2011

We researched hotels in Jackson and the Rusty Parrot seemed to cover everything we wanted in a hotel vacation. We stayed here for a week to celebrate our honeymoon and were sad to leave. The staff at the Rusty Parrot want you to feel special, they want you to feel at home. From the bellmen who bring water and firewood to your room, and frequently call you by name, to the friendly and helpful desk staff who always call you by name, this Inn is beyond fabulous. Lynn, especially, was incredibly friendly and helpful, suggesting activities and offering to arrange them for you. We enjoyed an afternoon at their spa, which was great. The food in the restaurant within the Inn is fabulous! Our room was well-appointed. We enjoyed a wood burning fire and hot tub in-room everynight. Nightly turn-down included a clever poem and chocolates. We felt so at home here and will never stay anywhere else when visiting Jackson.

• Stayed: November 2011