“GORGEOUS scenery, GREAT GUIDE and GOOD FUN!”

Lewis & Clark River Expeditions
More attraction details
Owner description: Lewis & Clark Expeditions is a family-owned and operated rafting company in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Lewis & Clark originated U-Paddle Whitewater Adventures on the Snake River in 1971. Both whitewater and calm scenic float trips are offered on the Snake River with friendly, experienced guides. Choose Classic Whitewater or the added adventure of the Snake's smallest rafts. Bargain breakfast trips, steak dinner cookouts and delicious deli lunches. Half-day trips with multiple departures daily.
Jackson, Wyoming
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“GORGEOUS scenery, GREAT GUIDE and GOOD FUN!”
Reviewed 7 February 2012

It was a beautiful bluebird sunshiny day. The perfect day for a white water raft trip. Gary was our guide and he was wonderful. He gave a safety talk that was humorous yet thorough and it instilled confidence in us all of his competence. We felt totally taken care of with him as our guide. The rafting was awesome! We all got to know each other by the time it was over and laughed and laughed at how wet we all were by the time it was over. I can't wait to do it again and I will request Gary again if he is still with the company.

Visited July 2011
1 Thank pj f

Santa Rosa, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic just isn't enough!”
Reviewed 30 August 2011

There are so many Rafting Companies to choose from in Jackson, some how we chose this one and it was an excellent choice. Everyone there was very welcoming and friendly from the time we stepped in to their company, to and from the bus, and to and from the rafts. Brittany, TJ, Sam, and both the bus drivers (sorry forgot your names) were so funny and had so much information to give us about the surrounding areas on the Snake River and around Jackson Hole. That little thing, Brittany, is a go getter and did excellent in rowing for our group of 11 in the scenic trip. She was informative and had RADAR Bald Eagle eye! The lunch that included lemonade, a turkey sandwich, and brownie was GOOD! During the lunch break we were able to roam around or swim (my dad took the swim on the river option as it was a bit humid, I walked around and got my feet wet, the river is COLD!) Brittany, You did beyond great, and hope your interview went great! TJ was exceptional, he had stories that he told us that made us crack up every time. He was very good on letting us know how to paddle (there were 3 women in our raft, but we had the 4 guys row for us :)), he made sure our life jackets were fit properly, told us what to do if we fall out of rafts (we didn't though!), and all the other important things to know if there should be an issue with rafting. Loved the Rodeo chicken game, and the rapids were very fun on the Snake River. I would definitely do the White Water Trip again with Lewis & Clark.

Visited August 2011
1 Thank Kimmers77
West Windsor NJ
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Definitely a highlight of our trip, and unforgettable fun!!”
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Our whitewater raft trip with Brad on July 29 was tons of fun!!! Brad was funny and informative, and an expert guide. He gave us a thrilling ride that put grins on the faces of our 19 and 22 year olds, and ourselves. The whole operation was well run. Definitely a highlight of our trip, and unforgettable fun!!

Visited July 2011
2 Thank Carol H
Akron
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Experienced guides make trip fun”
Reviewed 9 August 2011

My boyfriend and I never white water rafted before but we enjoyed the Class II-III rapids on the Snake River. The owner of the company handled my initial request for reservation. She was very professional, polite and thorough with follow-up. The equipment including wet suite rentals which is highly recommended was in good shape. The bus driver was pleasant. The Rapids were fun. We were in an 8 man plus guide raft with a family with two small children, and our guide looked after them like a hawk, even prevented the small girl from falling out of the boat. Our guide TJ was experienced, talkative, gave good instruction, and tried to make it interesting and exciting, while at the same time, keeping an eye on the river. Once on the river, he gave many safety guidelines. The only caution I would use is that circumstances may dictate what rafts you are on, more so than your request. I had asked to be in a nonpaddle position in the middle of a large raft because I was chicken, but only enough people signed up for that time for two small rafts, so whether I liked it or not, paddling in a small boat became my destiny. If you are concerned about this, discuss it with the person who takes your reservation first. We arrived early and had alot of opportunity to observe the other rafting competitors while waiting, and I was comfortable with my decision that Lewis & Clark were a good choice, the way they handled and processed their guests were better than the other companies. I recommend you go longer than the Classic, after going through 7-8 rapids and the time flying, you will wish you had signed up for more! PS "Lunch counter isn't really that bad!"

Visited August 2011
3 Thank Dallamjm
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Do the early bird special!”
Reviewed 31 July 2011

The five of us rafted on the special and the experience was great. The kids said it was cold at first but once we were in the water, everyone wanted the trip to go another 1.5 hours. Gary was great.

1 Thank igamboa