“A must when in Cody”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 5 January 2018

With gran kids and family we were a party of eight. since it was cold/snowing we could not sit out back on the patio/porch so we were accommodated with indoor seating in a small room off the bar area. No complaints with the choice due to restrictions in minors being in the man room due to alcohol sales. My wife and kids always order the burger for lunch and can't say enough good things about the taste. I tried the pulled pork sandwich for the first time and while the meat was extremely tasteful I would probably ask for a little bbq sauce on the side next time. The fries are in the top three best fires in the city. Always enjoy our meals at Proud Cut and never have we experienced any problems.

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

The steaks are very, very good. While we were seated promptly, we were abandoned for a good 20 minutes before our drinks arrived.

It would be over an hour before we were served our meal.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

We are a local couple who made a 6:30 reservation for our Anniversary dinner. Arriving right on time, the hostess didn’t have a table saved so she asked if we would sit in the back room OR wait 20 minutes. I told her we would come back at 7. We returned a few minutes after 7, hostess made a smart remark that it’s a good thing we showed up when we did. Are you kidding me?! We showed up right on time for the reservation we made earlier and politely waited 30 mins so she could figure out how to do her job! Anyways, we got our drinks right away but had to wait for our server to take our order as she walked by us several times. Food was great! Very disappointed in the service.

Reviewed 26 November 2017

Took our sons and their families to Cody yesterday , and decided to go into the Proud Cut Saloon for lunch . Total of 8 people . The person at the register actually told my wife to go on, as he thought the wait would be too long , didn't even give us a chance to see if we wanted to wait. I live close to cody, but I won't come back here!

1  Thank Mike B
Reviewed 20 November 2017

Right in the center of town, the Proud Cut offers good cowboy food, and lots of it, at great prices. The lunch salad is large – was enough for my wife and I to share. The chili (with beans) was hearty and flavorful. In the evening the Filet Mignon and other steaks are good quality, cooked perfectly and served promptly. You won’t go wrong when you eat here. Friendly and efficient wait staff. Good local beer selection, and full bar. Parking on the street.

1  Thank RussellJW

Been to Proud Cut Saloon? Share your experiences!