“Good food; Slow service”
Review of Proud Cut Saloon

Proud Cut Saloon
Ranked #8 of 94 Restaurants in Cody
Price range: USD 10 - USD 35
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

The steaks are very, very good. While we were seated promptly, we were abandoned for a good 20 minutes before our drinks arrived.

It would be over an hour before we were served our meal.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

We are a local couple who made a 6:30 reservation for our Anniversary dinner. Arriving right on time, the hostess didn’t have a table saved so she asked if we would sit in the back room OR wait 20 minutes. I told her we would come back at 7. We returned a few minutes after 7, hostess made a smart remark that it’s a good thing we showed up when we did. Are you kidding me?! We showed up right on time for the reservation we made earlier and politely waited 30 mins so she could figure out how to do her job! Anyways, we got our drinks right away but had to wait for our server to take our order as she walked by us several times. Food was great! Very disappointed in the service.

Reviewed 26 November 2017

Took our sons and their families to Cody yesterday , and decided to go into the Proud Cut Saloon for lunch . Total of 8 people . The person at the register actually told my wife to go on, as he thought the wait would be too long , didn't even give us a chance to see if we wanted to wait. I live close to cody, but I won't come back here!

1  Thank Mike B
Reviewed 20 November 2017

Right in the center of town, the Proud Cut offers good cowboy food, and lots of it, at great prices. The lunch salad is large – was enough for my wife and I to share. The chili (with beans) was hearty and flavorful. In the evening the Filet Mignon and other steaks are good quality, cooked perfectly and served promptly. You won’t go wrong when you eat here. Friendly and efficient wait staff. Good local beer selection, and full bar. Parking on the street.

1  Thank RussellJW
Reviewed 11 November 2017

Second night in Cody and we had just finished an excellent tour with Cody Shuttle and Tours. Number of recommendations as to where to eat so we drove downtown to see what we could find. We enjoy the flavor and lean meat of buffalo so we both had buffalo burgers with steak fries. Very busy restaurant considering it was the end of the tourist season. We did have to sit at the bar as the place was packed. Burgers were excellent and service was good. If I am ever in Cody again may try proud cut if I have reservations.

Been to Proud Cut Saloon? Share your experiences!