“Same as Pahaska Teepee”
Review of The Lodgepole Room

The Lodgepole Room
Ranked #52 of 90 Restaurants in Cody
Reviewed 29 September 2016

Good food and friendly service. Enjoyed the atmosphere and viewing wildlife out the windows. There is also gift shop that is attached.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

We live locally and always stop for breakfast on our way to Yellowstone National Park. Breakfasts are wonderful and the ambiance of the dining room is fantastic.

Reviewed 21 May 2016

Stopped for breakfast just before entering Yellowstone. The setting is really beautiful, and they have a cute little gift shop.

Started off with two cups of coffee, which the server assured us was "fresh ground and excellent". Horrible, horrible, horrible coffee, and I'm no coffee snob. My wife ordered an omlette, which she said was about average, nothing great. I ordered blueberry pancakes, which were huge and very good.

So this place is inconsistent at best, but certainly not horrible (except for the coffee!)

I can't really recommend it, but I wouldn't tell anyone to stay away either. I think it's hit or miss.

Reviewed 19 October 2015

The Lodge is located just outside the Yellowstone East Gate. We stopped to take photos of the Buffalo grazing on the lawn outside the restaurant and decided to stay and eat.
We ordered a burger and ribs. The burger was dry and overcooked. The ribs were tasteless. I think frozen 15 minutes before they were served. The best part of the lunch was watching the big Buffalo bull graze right outside the windows of the restaurant. The service was slow, but friendly.

Reviewed 25 July 2015

We visited Cody, Wyoming for a day trip during our recent stay at Yellowstone National Park. We stumbled upon Pahaska Tepee Resort, on our way from the park to Cody. On the return, we knew this would be the last stop before entering the park and getting to any of the Yellowstone Restaurants. We decided to give the dining room a try, and we were so glad that we did. The service was extremely friendly. We were seated immediately, with a window seat. Our drink service was quick, as was the bread and water. For my entree, I ordered the steak au poivre, mashed potatoes, and salad with Italian dressing. The steak arrived at our table, sizzling hot and flavorful. The Wild Turkey peppercorn sauce was delicious. My only complaint was that the mashed potatoes and the asparagus side orders were cool to cold. The asparagus was grilled perfectly and crispy; also well seasoned. For dessert, we were going to order the chocolate chip skillet selection. However, our server warned us that the dessert takes 15 minutes to prepare. The restaurant was extremely busy with a huge party which came in shortly after us. So, we ordered the brownie delight with vanilla ice cream, and it did not disappoint. The brownie was served hot, and it is a huge portion.
The servings, quality of food, and service is stellar. In our home state, we would easily pay much more for a dinner of this quality. I would certainly eat here again.
Tip: To avoid the crowds, if you are eating at the Pahaska Tepee for dinner, make sure you arrive by 5pm local time. As an additional note, the restrooms attached to the dining room are very clean.