All reviews ceiling fan room was clean waffles biscuits and gravy continental breakfast the check in process place to stay smoking room train tracks outback steakhouse the breakfast area motel noise dryer sink cereal highway
Reviewed 23 September 2018

I was only staying here for one night while I was attending a conference in Cheyenne. The hotel was located right off of I-25 so there was a lot of traffic noise. The check in process went very smoothly and there were no issues. Since I was really only at the hotel to sleep, I didn't use any of the amenities. The bed was SUPER comfy so that was a huge plus. Overall, I had a pleasant experience staying here.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 September 2018

we had traveled to Cheyanne and it was about 600 am when we checked in they charged me 100 dollars and we had to check out by11,00 am the lady at the front desk said I should talk to the manager about not having to check out out at 11,00 am cause its 6,00 am so I did and she said that we had to check out at 11,00 we were not happy the room was awful the bathroom was grouse we were really unpset.we have stayed there before and this room was really nasty

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2018

The room was clean enough, but there was no shower gel or shampoo in the shower dispensers. Also, no coffee maker, but there was coffee in the lobby. The breakfast was good and the staff was excellent. This is an older property near the railroad tracks and an abandoned building. It has convenient access to Highway 80. It's an acceptable place to stay for a reasonable price, but nothing fancy. The $80 price was high enough, but less than other properties in the area.

Room Tip: Be sure to bring your own shampoo and soap, since only dispensers of these are available and may be empty.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 13 August 2018

America’s Best Value? Let’s hope not. I arrived around 6 pm after a day-long drive. At first glance, this place doesn’t ring any alarm bells, but it’s definitely not in an attractive spot. There’s an old ramshackle gas station building right beside it, and the parking lot isn’t well maintained. Tall grass, crumbling concrete etc. I had my dog. Check in process: fine. No problems. There’s a sign saying no dogs in the lobby, which was ok. The check in kid told me to use the back door nearest to my room, which was on the second floor. This would be the entry door on the northeast side. I parked near it, saw the door was propped open because the key card slot thing was missing its front plate, and proceeded to the stairwell. Luckily for them, I had just come from our mountain cabin where I had dealt with 3 petrified mice and a dead pack rat. Because in that stairwell was a large amount of recent mouse droppings. The red carpet on the stairs was FILTHY. it hadn’t been vacuumed in weeks if not months. I just about turned around and left. But I decided to give the room a chance. It was a “pet room” and looked ok, not terrible. Until I took my sandals off and walked barefoot for exactly one step and raced to put them back on. The carpet is obscenely wettish and sticky feeling. So I took a shower (that worked fine, towels are old) and sat down on the bed to eat some dinner I’d ordered. The sheets are worn but felt clean enough. I’m sitting there eating my pizza and suddenly I see a large black bug crawling out from behind me. Luckily I am not a person who panics. I brushed it off the bed and killed it, then took it to the bathroom to flush it. Which would have been fine as a way to get rid of a bug’s body if the toilet had flushed. In the entire stay, that toilet flushed once. And that was after it ran for at least half an hour. I turned on the ceiling fan to get the air moving and lo and behold, its off-balance motion turned the bed into one of those massage mattresses. Bonus!! But with a fine ticking noise, always a plus for sleeping. The next morning, I went out early to walk my dog. As it turns out, when the aforementioned door isn’t propped open, it’s locked. And your key card won’t work. I got some extra Fitbit steps going to the opposite side of the building though so that was cool. I am appreciative that due to being exhausted, I actually had a good nights sleep, but this place needs a massive overhaul. I would never choose it again, and I would not recommend it. The mouse droppings alone are just way beyond the pale.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

While en route to CA for job relocation, we booked a room at the America’s Best Value Inn in Cheyanne, Wyoming. On our way, we encountered some serious car trouble and were not able to make it to the hotel that evening. We had booked the room through Hotels.com and contacted them immediately as well as the hotel itself. While Hotels.com was confident that the hotel would cancel the stay and provide a refund, the hotel refused stating only that this was “their policy”. The front desk staff was very kind, professional and understanding and did their best to help us. They apologized profusely for the management’s decision as well and stated that if it were up to them, they would refund us immediately. We requested that the general manager call us back to speak directly, but we received no calls. We certainly understand that hotels have their policies, but refunds are at the discretion of the management. We also provided our AAA reference number for the tow to the repair shop. We now have a repair bill of several hundred dollars and paid for another hotel room on top of it. To be sure, these are the risks of being on the road, but exceptions can be made, especially due to the extenuating circumstances of our journey. Be aware that the management will not mitigate complaints directly and you will have to go further up the corporate ladder should any issue arise during your stay. You will surely not receive a call back either even if you ask very politely. We would not recommend this hotel for any reason whatsoever. If I could give zero stars, I would.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business