All reviews fridge and microwave beds were comfortable stay there again onsite wifi
Reviewed 2 September 2017

Ok I admit it, if I had been arriving here by myself as a lone female I would have driven past. The fabric of the building is way past its best but be brave, come on in. The reception doesnt look much better but Larry and his team are absolutely lovely. Our room was upstairs. You could see the outside via the airconditioning unit but inside the 2 double beds were comfortable and the linen fresh and clean. There is a tv, microwave and fridge. Again the bathroom has seen better days but was actually spotless.
We had been told there was no breakfast but again Larry - bless his heart provides coffee and some packet pastries in the reception every day if you want them. There was nowhere obvious to walk to for a meal but he directed us to Johnny J's diner and we had a fine supper there.
This probably isnt somewhere you want to base yourself for a luxury holiday but as somewhere clean to lay your head its absolutely fine

Room tip: I would ask for an upstairs room
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank DrMo
Reviewed 31 August 2017

How to describe this place? The parking lot said it was a dump. The front desk said it was a dump. Just as I was kicking myself for prepaying for this room, I turned the key in the lock and found two large new comfortable beds with a fridge and microwave, a clean bathroom, a decent television with lots of choices, and some serious locks on the door. The wifi was solid. I slept like a baby and left with a lot more cash in my pocket because of the low price. To be clear, nobody looked threatening in the vicinity, just sort of like the stereotypical Walmart shoppers.

Room tip: Ask for first floor so you can be near your car.
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Julia B
Reviewed 12 August 2017

For the price it was fine for a one night stay. A bit rough around the edges but real nice to have a microwave and mini fridge for the price. The room smelled like stale booze and some interesting characters hanging around but all in all it was fine. However, as a female I don't think I would stay there on my own. On a humorous note there was a pool but it was filled in with sand. Also they hand you the remote control for the TV after you check in. :)

Room tip: No elevator so if you can't carry your bags up stairs it is best to get a room on the first floor.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2017

I'm giving this 5 stars not because it's amazing and perfect, but because I think it's the best you're going to find anywhere for this price. I paid $35. It's an older place but the room seemed to have been recently renovated ... bathroom looked new, TV looked new, mattress seemed new. It was extremely clean and the bed was super comfortable. Conveniently located, near lots of restaurants, friendly staff.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 11 July 2017

The hotel is an older building but it is clean and safe. The staff is phenomenal. Never stayed anywhere where I felt so well taken care of. The sheets and bedding were the best I have ever slept in and I have stayed in much more expensive hotels. I came home and ordered the sheets right away. Nice little pastry and coffee in the morning too. I was able to connect to the wifi with no issues.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends