All reviewsteddy rooseveltold westowen wisterbusy beestep back in timethursday nightbuffalo billthe ownerantique furniturehole in the wallliving museumherbert hooverblue grassclear creekclawfoot tubfloors creaksundance kid
Reviewed 16 October 2017

A living museum and a cozy, fun place to stay in a lovely town on Clear Creek. I enjoyed President Hoover's suite, and looked at the other historic rooms. Butch Cassidy, Teddy Roosevelt, and Calamity Jane stayed here. If the Old West appeals to you, this is the right place to stay. 23 bullet holes in the slaoon where I had a delicious ribeye steak. Office of Sheriff Longmire (of Craig Johnston's mystery series) just down the street,

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 October 2017

The hotel and saloon are great to walk through and investigate - real old time (1880's) feeling. We were there on a Sunday and there were pickup blue grass musicians playing. We came back in the evening and ate there. Food was good and waitress was fantastic. A western group was playing and they were good. Room to dance too.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Great place to stay, full of history. We stayed in the Herbert Hover Suite and it was really nice. We were able to walk around the whole hotel and see some of the other rooms. They are all name after someone who stayed there years ago.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

This is a museum and restaurant. A must for history buffs. The staff was very attentive and professional. The rates were a steal. My room was comfortable and quiet. Everything worked perfectly. Area of buffalo is dreamy. The food was superb. Had the chicken and mashed potatoes reluctantly because the chicken fried steak was out. Nothing to regret here!! Fresh and flavorful. Want to rtn asap and bring some friends. This is how to run a business!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for one night while road tripping for our one year wedding anniversary. We are a younger couple with old souls and loved this place. The staff was super friendly, the hotel was gorgeous and full of rich history, the bed was comfortable and the showers were hot. The room was stunning! My only complaint is that the floors creak super badly and you could hear just about anything from the halls or rooms next to you. However, I guess I should not be complaining about that because that is to be expected from a place as old as this one. We would definitely stay here again! Oh, and the saloon was great. We got to hear live music from some local cowboys. We are also huge Longmire fans so the Busy Bee was a must stop for breakfast.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple