See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 February 2016 via mobile

My daughter's volleyball team stayed here for Presidents Weekend The customer service was awful. Actually, there was no customer service. I was told at check in that Housekeeping comes at 9:00am and if you don't let them in then, they will not be back. We got 2 room keys and asked for another one and was charged a dollar. There are signs in the lobby saying No Food or Drink Allowed. Tried to get a coffee in the lobby at 9:15 am from the machine and the coffee machine is only on from 7:30-9:00 am. Check out was 11:00 am. Went to ask for a late check out and didn't even finish the question and was interrupted with "No". So rude. The exercise room was a joke. Went in and a guy was "cleaning" told me only one of the two treadmill work and the two exercise bikes didn't work unless my legs were long enough to reach the pedals. I am 5'8 and wasn't tall enough.
Rooms needed a lot of updating. Our room had only one window that looked into a conference room. Someone else in our group had water coming in through ceiling of their shower from a shower above them. Housekeeping came at 9:00 and wanted to clean the room. When they asked if they could come back because maintenance just left Housekeeping said they would make an exception this time only. Again rude and no customer service. We will not stay here again only positives were the admission to kalahari theme park and discounts to water parks.
Honestly, I could have looked over a lot of stuff, if they weren't so rude. We won't go back.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank TriciaL2753
AmbersResort, Owner at Santorini Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2016

Thank you for your review. We take every review seriously good reviews and not so good reviews. We are truly sorry to hear that your stay with us was less than perfect. We work very hard to ensure that every guest is treated with professionalism, respect and the best possible customer service. We do have a time posted for when the breakfast area including coffee is available. On such a busy weekend I am sorry that we can not allow late check outs due to the fact that we only have from 11 am - 4 pm to properly clean the rooms for the next arriving guests. When we do housekeeping we do start at 9 am and make 1 pass through as explained at check in, the reason being we do not want miss any rooms by having to "hop" around. You are always more than welcome to exchange out towels or replenish any amenities at the front desk if you do not want to be bothered. Since the maintenance issue that occurred did inconvenience you housekeeping was more than willing to come back to service the room when they were told about the maintenance issue. I am happy to hear that you did enjoy the passes that were included with your stay and I hope you were able to enjoy our nice pool and restaurant on property. Sincerely, Eddie

Reviewed 26 January 2016

We stayed at Ambers Resort and Conference Center 1/22/16 to 1/24/16. Rooms were spacious and nicely updated. We had a nice size fridge and a microwave in the room. Beds were comfortable with lots of pillows! Our room was close to the pool – which was fabulous. Being that it was winter, and the hotel is still going through renovations – there wasn’t a lot of occupancy, which worked out great for us! We practically had the pool area to ourselves all weekend. Pool and hot tub were very nice. I thought the pool temp was a bit chilly – but got used to it. TONS of seating around the pool area – that was great. They had lots of vending machines for those that don’t bring their own snacks/drinks – and I loved that they had both Coke and Pepsi products. We ate at the restaurant in the hotel, Fiesta Cancun, every day that we were there. Great portions and a great value! Fabulous food and drinks! Delicious margaritas and lots of beers on tap. I’ve been to Fiesta Cancun in Oconomowoc – and my only wish is that the Dells location would have the same salsa as the OC location. I missed it!
All in all – a great weekend getaway. I’d definitely stay there again!

Stayed: January 2016
AmbersResort, Owner at Santorini Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2016

Thank you for your review about your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you had a very enjoyable time at our facility and that our facility and staff was accommodating to you. Yes being off season it is a little more quiet which worked out wonderful for you to to have the pool almost exclusively for yourself. We hope to see you again in the near future. Sincerely, Eddie

Reviewed 1 January 2016

Eddie and Tanya are running a hidden gem in the Wisconsin Dells, charging very reasonable rates for a hotel with a perfect location, excellent upgraded facilities, and where our family had a better time than the big resorts. They throw in extras like free passes to Chula Vista, a huge pool and one of the better hot tubs we've seen in a long time for the family. They also have an extremely friendly Mexican Cantina restaurant on site with excellent food, drinks, and service! We highly recommend!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
AmbersResort, Owner at Santorini Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear you and your family enjoyed themselves here with us. We are constantly keeping up with renovation and glad to hear you approved of our latest upgrades. We hope to have you and your family stay with us in the future. Enjoy your 2016. Sincerely, Eddie

Reviewed 1 January 2016

We were a little spectacle of staying at a hotel/motel that was not a chain, but we were booked here through Bluegreen and Bass Pro Shop so we had no choice but to try it out. My husband is sort of a hotel snob, but couldn't find anything to complain about, and the things that normally he would complain about, the staff was very kind to accommodate our needs.

For instance, there was a baby and toddler in the adjoining room next to us. I don't think it was the walls that were thin, but the adjoining door allowed us to hear every peep, cry and conversation. Since we are way past the baby stage, and didn't appreciate being woken up at 7am, we asked to switch rooms for the final two nights of our stay. They graciously gave us another room, and even brought a charger down to us that we had accidentally left in the room (I tend to believe any other hotel would have just thrown it into their lost and found and continued on with the cleaning)... Georgi of housekeeping actually left us a kind note and put it in our room knowing it was ours.

We really enjoyed the pool which was very large, and the hot tub was great after a day of skiing. The most amazing deal was getting the Chula Vista waterpark passes and Kalahari dry theme park passes included in our stay. Our kids (ages 12 and 14) had a blast at both. It was shocking to see that go-karting, mini golf, rope course, etc, were ALL included in the price of admission which for us was FREE! The waterpark was also quite large, although with older boys, they had enough after about 4-5 hours as there were only 5-6 large slides, but for an indoor park, that is still quite a lot. My husband really enjoyed the games in the Ambers game room, as there was one video game which only cost a quarter that had all the old favorites from his childhood. I couldn't get him to go to bed one night!

We also GREATLY enjoyed the Fiesta Cancun restaurant and bar which just opened in the hotel. Apparently after talking to the bartender we understand that they have a second location in another WI city and it must be quite popular. I felt bad no one was really in this location since 1. the hotel did not have many guests, and 2. there is no real good signage on the street to advertise it. Apparently a sign is ordered, and being winter in a summer destination, I guess you can't complain about such little traffic. All that said, it was the best Mexican food we have ever had (and coming from Chicago we have had lots!). The margaritas were phenomenal, and the waitress recommended one of their specialties which was to die for!

Now I won't tell you the hotel was perfect, but all the good things way out weighed the not so great things like: it was very warm and dry in our room despite having the unit set to 62 degrees; their is some construction going on in the hotel, but we never heard a thing while we were there and the improvements they are making seem to be going well, and lastly they wouldn't allow us a late check out despite the hotel seeming to be quite empty (my guess is they only have a small amount of "remodeled" rooms).

All this said, I have to say, we may just look up the Ambers the next time we are looking to come to WI Dells! :)

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank H0ckeyM0m89

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you had an enjoyable time with us. Glad to hear that our pool and hot tub did the trick for you after a long day. Our entire staff is always willing to help and accommodate a guest in any way to ensure you have a wonderful and enjoyable time at Ambers Resort. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the restaurant. We look forward to your return visit with us in the future. Sincerely, Eddie

Reviewed 27 October 2015

The location was fine, the outside of the hotel was fine, the inside of the hotel was ok. The worst place was the room. The view from our room was great, we had a view of a conference room. So no opening the drapes. Then the beds. They were uncomfortable and we found clumps of hair underneath the covers, thankfully only one bed had the hair issue. In the bathroom, some motor was running continuously. It wasn't too bad as long as you kept the door shut. After this experience, I will never recommend this place to anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SCJones777
AmbersResort, Owner at Santorini Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2015

I am sorry to hear that your stay with us was less than perfect. The way our property is laid out we do have rooms facing into our Ballroom and into our indoor pool area. The opposite side faces outside. The beds are anywhere from 1 yr old to 4 yrs old for the mattresses. If each person could bring their own personal bed from home everyone would sleep great. As for the hair in the bed we are extremely sorry that you found this. All linens are washed and dried at high temperatures to disinfect and sanitize. Sometimes hair does weave its self into the fabric and if the laundry person did not catch this while folding the housekeeper should of seen this while making the bed. We wish you would of immediately brought this to our attention we would of happily changed the bedding for you. The way the exhaust fans are set up on the property they do run continuously and now we know that particular fan needs attention of maintenance because the guest is not to hear them run. We do hope that you were able to enjoy the free passes we offer along with discounts in any of our booklets you received at check in. Sincerely, Eddie