“All Around Good But...”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

All around everything was great. However, I would caution you about the Veal. They use a VERY HEAVY glaze that takes away from the veal. I would try the Other version to get away from the glaze if possible. All food Portions were very large. Oysters on the half shell were some of the best I have had and large. The Proprietary Red Wine was fantastic and the Martini was very well done. Lobster Bisque was the highlight. Service was excellent. Be prepared that this is at the Wilderness resort with lots of families. Most diners were families with young children. Go later when it is not so noisy with kids. All in all it could be fine dining in Wisconsin Dells.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

While we were at the Dells we decided to check out Fields, My son said we'd have an awesome experience, as well as good food. It was a Thursday night, we got in with no reservations. We had a male server, who was very courteous and helpful with our menu questions. We were almost immediately given our bread, but the salads we ordered with our entree were received a good twenty five minutes later. Our server was very scarce. I believe he had someone he was training in, because he was accompanied by a young lady and she seemed in charge of our table. She barely spoke to us, didn't explain who she was, nothing. After receiving our entree, we were visited once by our initial server asking us how everything was, then nothing until the bill, which we had to ask for. We both had steak.The steaks were okay, the potatoes bland, the salad had all the dressing on the bottom, which we couldn't finish because of that. We also were seated next to a table that the more they drank the louder they became. If I wanted a bar experience thats were I would have gone. We have been to many excellent restaurants throughout the nation, but this isn't one of them. My husband and I felt that the hundred and forty dollars
for dinner and one drink was not at all justified. We just left feeling we had had a poor dining experience that we paid one hundred and forty dollars for. Hardly a five star experience

4  Thank Tim K
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

My first night in the dells, the family and I ate there. I had the chicken alfredo. OMG, it was the best I've ever had!!! My wife had a steak. Awesome food!! Even better is the view while you eat! Wilderness resort. You don't have to, but put on some nice clothes and go there and have a great meal!!!

2  Thank Al G
Reviewed 19 June 2017

Seven of us went to Fields for a birthday party. It was fantastic. Three of us had the steak special, and it was. Great table, excellent service and very good food.

1  Thank Steve P
Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

We were having a hard time finding a good meal in the dells & thought we'd pop in here during happy hour. They were so friendly, prompt & the food was amazing. You cannot beat the prices at happy hour, either! We recommend this restaurant to everyone we know, we enjoyed it so much!

1  Thank EmilyCake