See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 September 2014

We were able to get a very nice room on Labor Day weekend for a great price. The room and hotel grounds were very clean. We booked our room through Jerry, he was very nice and had us laughing every time we ran into him. We will definitely be back!

2  Thank Chrissy L
Reviewed 22 August 2014

4 of my friends and myself stayed there om 8/20. i called and made a reservation for a room with 3 beds and a room with 1 bed. at check in i was told that they have away the room with the 3 beds. So i asked the lady what we can do and she gave me 3 rooms and only charged me $120 flat $40 a room. ended up saving money. staff was friendly and very accomodating. location is excellent!! just right off broadway st parking lot is connected to nig's bar. I will definately stay here again.

1  Thank ericmleib
Reviewed 9 August 2014

They have no customer service skills. Every rude people answering the phone. I questioned why a room was given away and he yelled at me ....then hung up. My advice stay at another hotel even if it costs more money.

3  Thank honestyrocks
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We decided spur of the moment to go to wisconsin dells for labor day but all of top choices for hotels were booked up, as a shot in the dark my friend calls top hat motel to see if there are any rooms open and they say they do, so my friend books the room and we proceed to drive from chicago to the dells. An hour before we arrive the motel calls my friend to ask if we still want the room and we tell them that yes, infact we do still want the room and that we'll be there in an hour. We arrive to find all the lights off and after ringing the doorbell for a few minutes a teenager comes out and says "we gave the room away" no apology, no explanation, just that statement. My friend says "are you joking? who are you" and he says "no, i'm managing the place tonight, we gave the room away" my friend tells him that he had just gotten a call an hour ago to confirm the stay and he says "that was my brothers fiance" as if that completely discounts the interaction my friend counters with "I gave you my credit card number, I booked it, we just drove 3 hours what are we supposed to do" and the kid says "not my problem, we didnt charge the card, find another hotel" and after my friend responds with "are you kidding me" the kid replies with "what do you want me to do? you want me to call the cops?" AS IF WE'RE THE ONES THAT DID SOMETHING WRONG! We luckily ended up finding a different hotel but this was completely unacceptable behaviour.

Room Tip: dont use this place
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
10  Thank _2013360
Reviewed 6 July 2013

My fiancé and I were on a pontoon boat all day down the road. Had drinks all day in the sun and came across this motel in the evening on the 4th of July. The owner hooked us up with a 2nd floor room facing where the fireworks were shooting off. It was perfect. We sat outside on the deck area and sipped on wine and watched the show. Would stay again if we find ourselves in the same situation in the future

Room Tip: I would suggest getting a 2nd floor room facing downtown