All reviews bath ritual quiet room steam room feather bed signature massage infinity pool kohler shower hot tub premier suite body wrap rocking chairs overnight guests r r common areas yogurt pine trees del bar
Reviewed 28 January 2018

My husband and I booked a room for 2 nights. It was such a wonderful and relaxing experience! We are so lucky to have this top notch place so close to home. The service is the best! I can't wait to come back for another visit!

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ediefram
Alyssa M, other at Sundara Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We can't wait to have you as our guest again!

Until next time, stay energized.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

I have stayed here a couple of times with my husband but most recently I took my daughter here for some relaxation and bonding.

We all love this unexpected quiet sanctuary located in the over commercialized Wisconsin Dells. From the moment you walk through the front doors, the smell alone initiates the relaxation process.

The rooms are luxurious, large and cozy. I think all come with a fire place and jetted tub. Super comfy beds can be counted on.

The two very best features are the six step spa bath and the outdoor pool. We have stayed here both in the summer and the winter. The pool is great in any season. The spa bath is absolute heaven. When you are finished with the ritual your skin feels amazing and your sole even better!

I always get a hot stone massage when I come and I haven't had better anywhere else. This time I treated myself to a facial which was nice but I should have booked a longer one. I took the shortest time available and it wasn't enough.

So you ask with all these accolades why only four stars? Big reason - the food. They really need to work on the food options. They are either too fancy or not healthy enough. Would like to see more vegetarian options and higher quality ingredients and craftsmanship.

As long as I live in the mid-west this is going to be my go-to place for a relaxation getaway.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Alyssa M, other at Sundara Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate your patronage and are delighted that Sundara was part of your bonding time with your daughter.

We hope to see you again after the expansion is complete and our culinary experience is completely revamped!

Reviewed 17 January 2018

I initially was searching online for the Jaggery Tea recipe....and came across the reviews for Sundara. Going down the rabbit hole that is the internet, I came across many keyboard warriors leaving all sorts of negative reviews relative to their Sundara experience.

Let me be clear, I am in no way affiliated with Sundara. I am however a person who has enjoyed the property in the past. So now it is my turn to "enlighten" everyone with my review.

I have read that non-registered guests are not allowed in the room for a "girls night out" prior to a wedding. I have read their Jaggery tea is "not healthy". I have read that their turndown service "is a joke". I have read that the "price is not worth it".

Key points folks.......

This resort is for people looking to disconnect from the tech world, connect (or reconnect) with someone special, and RELAX.

If I am paying good money to get away from a loud group of ladies from a wedding party tromping up and down my peaceful hallway taking 50 duck-face selfies along the way.......THIS RESORT IS FOR YOU

If you are looking to indulge in various teas and delightful menu options - and not look at the label of what you are shoving in your face all while trying to find something negative to say........THIS RESORT IS FOR YOU

If you are looking for a place that is proud of their surroundings, patronizes local artisans, and prides themselves on the elegant yet simplistic things.......THIS RESORT IS FOR YOU.

If you don't mind paying a little extra to have all of these things, not to mention zero screaming kids splashing non-stop in the pool (keeping in mind I have 4 kids whom I love dearly - so I am not anti-kids).......THIS RESORT IS FOR YOU.

If you are a person that will find something to whine about no matter where you stay, Wisconsin Dells has many other options for you. Go stay at those places, and you will soon learn that they don't care. When you are at Sundara, you are family.

My passing thought....when my wife and I stayed there last May....the doorman/resort chauffer noticed one afternoon the flip flops provided by the resort looked small. He went out of his way to get me a size that fit better. Was I making do? Yes. Did I really care? No. Did this employee go out of their way to make sure my experience was up to their standards? YES

Room tip: There are no bad choices here
Date of stay: May 2017
6  Thank Bob R
Alyssa M, Guest Relations Manager at Sundara Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

Bob R, thank you so much for taking the to share your thoughts. We appreciate your review and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 9 January 2018

We were at Sundara for 2 nights in Dec. 2017 and it was absolutely wonderful. Just what we needed, it was perfect to unplug and restore especially in the the midst of winter. All of the employees were very attentive and are suite was outstanding.

We enjoyed all of the amenities, and a few spa treatments including: River Stone Facial, Shirodhara, 80-min. massage etc. It definitely met our expectations.

The breakfast was also wonderful, we were given an option to eat from their buffet which included: fruits, yogurt, granola & baked goods & also were able to choose from their menu options.

We also had lunch and dinner there and it was absolutely AMAZING. There wasn't anything on the menu we did not enjoy.

Our stay was wonderful, the employees were attentive and very helpful.

If you're looking for a relaxing getaway this is the place for you.

Date of stay: December 2017
2  Thank Amadiris C
Alyssa M, Guest Services Manager at Sundara Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are happy to provide a sanctuary from stress and a place to unplug amid the hustle and bustle of the month of December!

Reviewed 2 January 2018

We arrived on New Years eve at check-in time (4pm) and the room was ready. They loaded our bags and took them straight to our room. We barely had to lift a finger!

The room- We stayed in 2211 which was the Premier Suite. It was beautiful and clean. The are doing construction but it was not going on while we were there. It didn't effect us at all! The view for us was still beautiful. The bed was probably the most comfortable bed we had ever stayed in. I slept better there then I do at my own home & I never sleep with in hotels! The fireplace was a perfect added touch to warm up the room and add the cozy feel. The bathroom is large with a large shower. We could not figure out how to get the Jet Spa (in shower) to work but it wasn't that big of a deal or we would have called and asked.

Spa- The spa was very relaxing. We did not purchase any add on spa treatments and we were okay without them. Between the exfoliating shower, steam room & Whirlpool that was all I needed to be relaxed. After I had enough time in the spa area I would proceed to the "quite area" which was a nice way to finish my relaxation. They always had fresh granola and fruits with tea, infused water & coffee. All complimentary. My husband and I did this upon arriving and then I did it by myself the next morning. I didn't feel like going back to the room to get ready so I used their downstairs facility to shower and get ready. They had everything from shampoos, combs, hairdryers and professional hair product to use. I loved it!

Breakfast- They had complimentary breakfast which was everything we need. They have all of your basic breakfast items (fruits, bread, yogurt, oatmeal ext) but they also make eggs, omelets, bacon, hashbrowns, pancakes ext.

They do free shuttles to a few places which brings me to my only minor complaint. Minor enough not to take a star away! :) We wanted to go to the Reef to bring in the New Years and they wouldn't take us there. She said they go to Monks but no the Reef. They are right across the street from each other so that was weird to us. We didn't want to go to Monks and walk because it was -15 degrees out! :/ So we just drove instead.

The outdoor pool was also closed because it was so cold out so I can't comment on that.

Date of stay: December 2017