All reviews bath ritual quiet room steam room signature massage infinity pool kohler shower hot tub luxury suite r r common areas lounge chairs overnight guests yogurt del bar sitting area fire pit robes
Reviewed 19 October 2012

Sundara is a lovely spa and salon, a peaceful oasis in the woods to unwind and de-stress magnificently. The staff was so helpful answering questions about dining options, spa policy, virtually anything. Being there in October after high season but in the glory of fall foliage, we enjoyed a superior stay. A complimentary car drove us to our choice of dining in town and on a rainy night we appreciated not having to drive in an unfamiliar place. The rooms are quite comfortable, and the spa rituals are the ultimate in relaxation. We were also able to enjoy a heated outdoor pool even in the rain! If you can afford it, go for it! You won't be sorry.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BethRose640
Reviewed 19 October 2012

My two girlfiends and I spent the most amazing 2 nights at Sundara. The only thing we will do differently next time is to pack much LESS clothes! All we needed from check-in to check-out was the wonderfully soft robes that Sundara provided and our swimsuits. We enjoyed everything--the food was delicious, the outdoor pool and whirlpool were wonderful, as was the indoor spa. We all had the Rest Assured Soak and Massage and the Bountiful Harvest Massage. We left Sundara feeling so completely relaxed, and we are anxiously planning our next visit! We might even let our husbands come next time ... maybe!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Teri S
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Tranquil peacefilled space is found at Sundara to renew the tired and weary spirit!
Beautiful, quiet ,and restful rooms, spa services and warm outdoor pool soothed our souls.
Organic food was fabulous for our tastebuds, kind and respectful staff supported our needs,
and the outdoor fire inspired conversation outside of the daly grind for my husband and me:-)
We will be back! Love their music, hot tubs and white robes. Read, talk and fall in love all over!

Room Tip: plush room with hot tub, fireplace and screen porch was beautiful, but a smaller room would be just as nice if price is an issue.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cathy M
Reviewed 30 September 2012

We are planning our next visit and will make this an annual getaway for sure. I went with my friend who was celebrating her birthday and we had a very relaxing time. This next trip will be with my husband to celebrate our birthdays and anniversary. Can't wait!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Vhill23
Reviewed 28 September 2012

I had very high expectations when going to this spa. This was supposed to be my first night away from my new baby. I was bringing a girlfriend who was also a new mom. The purpose of the trip was relaxation and finally a good nights sleep!!!!
Upon arrival, we asked the front desk if it was ok for us to have guests in our room. We had friends in the area who were coming to meet us for dinner and we decided to order room service instead of going somewhere. They said they did allow guests in the room, and we proceeded to order over $100 in room service. After dinner our guests left around 8pm. The staff at the front saw us walk our guests out. We then had a drink by the pool and headed to our room for bed. All of a sudden, at 10:40 pm we got a phone call to our room. It was the front desk asking if our guests had left. They said they had a policy that guests need to leave by 10pm. It was almost as if the staff thought we were sneaking people in. We were extremely offended to get a call at such a late hour!!!!! This was finally our night of good sleep. The spa doesn't even allow cell phones on common grounds, that is how relaxing they want it to be. Why they felt it was necessary to call at such a late hour is beyond me!!! They ended up giving us $25 off our bill, but I feel that was the least they could do!
I have to admit, the spa itself was beautiful, but the staff and how the spa is managed was horrible. We had a pedicure also while we were there (value $85). I work in the beauty industry and there is nothing unique about their pedicure. You could get the same pedicure in the mall for $25. Definitely not worth the money!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends