All reviews polar bear outlet mall family reunion pool area front desk staff small children king bed nice stay dells attractions young kids noah's ark water park year olds beds were comfortable hot tub indoor waterpark a lot of fun
Reviewed 25 July 2016

Unprofessional. There was never any hot water for showers. That's a fact, and still stuns me for the price. This hotel was the first time in 25 years we'd made a such an error in choosing a hotel for our family vacation. There was a false eyelash on the floor after the cleaning people left. The slider to the deck was left open by them as well. And as weird as it sounds, they ate doughnuts that we'd had left on the table in our room. There is only one easily accessible outlet that is not next to a sink. No hooks in bathroom. The 'free-breakfast' for children is a 'bait and switch' It says dine-in and that's understandable but it doesn't say 'buffet not included' anywhere, so buyer beware if you choose to eat on site thinking the kids are free, be sure to order only off the breakfast menu. Otherwise there are so many much better and less expensive options out there.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
PolarIsland, Guest Relations Manager at Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2016

We regret to hear about your issues with our hotel. If your room had no hot water or if there were housekeeping issues we wish you would have let us know so those issues could have been resolved right away.

Calling our free breakfast a "bait and switch" is troubling. The coupon that you are handed at check-in for the restaurant it states "Kids under 10 EAT FREE . Dine-in restaurant only. Excludes Breakfast buffet." Additionally, on your key card packet, it states "kids eat free off menu only". We are not sure how to make that the buffet is not included any more obvious.

Good luck on your future travels.

Reviewed 19 July 2016

outdated hotel - room was musty, due to my allergies I kept sneezing & was congested from the mustiness in the room and didn't sleep well at all. Blankets are very thin and bed is very hard. No evening food options so you need to bring your own food in but yet NO WHERE to sit to enjoy it. Pool closes at 10pm on weekends which seems too early. honestly my daughter wanted to go home to sleep in her own bed.

Room Tip: Rooms need to be updated - better blankets - better matresses-maybe new air conditioner units. I always stay at a different resort a few times a year and wanted to try something less expensive-but you get what you pay for and at $200 a night-I would expect a little more.
Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank anonymous o
PolarIsland, Guest Relations Manager at Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2016

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We are sorry to hear that about the issues you encountered.

We wish you would have mentioned the issues with your room while you were here. We would have been more than happy to correct them. We have a variety of beds that range in firmness throughout the hotel to help guarantee we have a bed style for every need. We would have been very happy to move you into a room with a bed that meets your needs and once that didn't have a sliding door to the outside to cut down on your allergies.

Every room in our hotel either has a desk and chairs or a table and chairs so we are not sure why your room had no place to eat. As it is stated at check in our restaurant is open from 7-2 and then our neighbor Buffalo Phil's takes over room service.

We are sorry that we did not meet your standards and wish you the best on your future travels.

Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

I attended a two day seminar this July. When we checked into our condo, the condo was clean and nice, but a musty smell was thick. After letting the A/C run for an hour, the smell didn't go away. I called the front desk and they agreed to place us in another unit. The next unit was perfect.

During the conference the staff was kind and helpful. The food was good and the views were spectacular.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Mycroft31

We appreciate the great review but unfortunately we don't believe it was intended for our hotel as we do not have condos. We are glad you enjoyed the views wherever you stayed.

If you make it Wisconsin Dells we hope you are able to check us out.

Reviewed 18 July 2016

I want to start out my review with a shout out to Patty who works at Wintergreen. In the summer most hotels require a 2 night min. Friday night we had the idea to go to the Dells and I was calling around seeing if any 1 night might be available....most places rudely said NO 2 NIGHTS ONLY. Well Patty said to me usually there is a 2 night min but let me see if there is a room that has 1 night available. She was excited when she was able to find one and book it for me. Thank you so much Patty.... for helping us have a great weekend.

On to the hotel. When you go to the dells the majority of the hotels have been there a long time. Just how the city is unless you want to pay BIG bucks for a bigger resort that has money to update more often. This hotel is perfect. It is in a perfect location (close to many activities and restaurants but not loud as it is a little off the highway) The hotel does offer a restaurant that serves breakfast and lunch which was always busy(we did not have the opportunity to use it). The hotel offers free Noahs ark tickets (a huge cost savings) for every day from check in to check out. They do have a pool and water play area for the kids indoor and outdoor. The rooms and hotel are clean and the cleaning staff are very friendly. Yes it has outdated wall paper in places but REALLY who cares. It is CLEAN that means more to me. The workers are all friendly. We stayed in a 1st floor pool view room. Awesome to be able to walk right out to the pool area outside. The hotel is not HUGE like the big resorts which is nice that you don't have to walk forever to get to different parts of the hotel. The price is just right for what you get in this hotel. I am a picky person when it comes to travel things. People who give this a bad review are crazy. I have come back because this hotel should be gone to. Thank goodness Mt Olympus the Wi dells God has not gotten to all the hotels in the dells. This is a great one to find. Perfect for kids couples or anyone who is looking to have a great time. If you have any questions ask. I believe in this hotel so much I would love to answer anything you might want to know.

Thanks Patty again for letting me take my kids on a little getaway that might otherwise not happened.

Thank you Thank you Thank you and can't wait to stay again with you.

Room Tip: 1st floor pool view rooms
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank beckmac23

We are so happy to hear about the wonderful service you have received from Patty. Our front desk manager has worked very hard in putting together one of the greatest staffs in the Wisconsin Dells. We printed off a copy of your review and it made Patty's day.

We look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed 18 July 2016

We stayed here last week. First, the staff was beyond helpful/friendly. We did get free Noah's Ark passes, which was a plus. The room was super clean-no smell at all. The life guards at the outdoor pool area were extremely nice. The indoor pool area was great for my 4 1/2 year old. My husband and I enjoyed it as well. We also enjoyed the outdoor slide, hot tub. There are numerous restaurants within walking distance. We will be staying here next year and we cannot wait. I am reading some of the negative reviews and it makes me wonder if we were at the same hotel because we could not have asked for more (and we are picky). I also liked how the housekeeping staff did not start cleaning rooms until later since we really enjoyed sleeping in. Yes, the beds are hard-but we actually slept better on them. Overall-it is a wonderful place!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Heather J

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Wintergreen. We are looking forward to seeing you next year!